Sunday, April 06, 2008

To Feel the Fear is to Understand the Nature of the Beast

I have some very serious "domestic policy" differences with Newt Gingrich. I never thought I would find myself watching him speak and wishing he were our front runner candidate for president, but viewing these two superb short statements by him did just that.






Gringrich understands the danger from fundamentalist Islam thoroughly and viscerally. When he speaks of the fear he feels for the future of his grandchildren it resonates with the fear I feel every day. Not "concern". Fear. The sort of heart-pounding, pulse-racing, cold-sweat fear you feel when confronted by a large carnivorous animal that sees you as its next meal. Gingrich understands the nature of radical fundamentalist Islam and he understands, as the vast majority of his colleagues do not, that the nature of a thing determines its actions. The nature of radical fundatmentalist Islam is murder, destruction and enslavement, and at this time there is no effective force standing in its way.

At this point, I do not trust those who claim they "understand the situation". I trust only those who prove to me that they understand it and further, that they feel the same cold hand of fear that I do.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn! The second one is wrong. It should be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN9cqtJTvF4&NR=1.

Anonymous said...

Damn! The second one is wrong. It should be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN9cqtJTvF4&NR=1.

Anonymous said...

The title for the second one is Our own "Phoney War" - Newt Gingrich if that helps. Don't know why it won't load, the link seems to be correct.

revereridesagain said...

Pastorius, I assume you got them both up there somehow. Thank you so much -- again!

I'm going to have a look at Gingrich's alternate-history books. "Pearl Harbor" sounds like it could be very interesting.

When he talked about what would happen to our civil liberties the day after we lose a city to a jihadist nuke it made my hair stand on end. And think about the prospect of martial law under an Obama or Clinton administration.

Pastorius said...

Yeah, it was me who done fixed it.

Michael Travis said...

"Fundamentalist Islam" and "adical fundamentalist Islam" do not exist.

Until you bring yourself to understand the above points, you will remain part of the problem....and a pawn in the phony war.


War!

revereridesagain said...

The adjectives were used more in the spirit of emphasis than as modifiers.

Damien said...

I Like Newt. I think he could be a new Churchill. He's telling us the truth about the enemy, even if we don't want to hear it.