Saturday, September 16, 2006

There It Is - Right Out of the Horses Mouth

From The Gathering Storm

The debate is over. All the brewhaha over what to call the enemy in the so-called war on terror - terrorist, jihadists, Islamo-fascists, or whatever the name of the week is, has been settled. As Bush has said, we are fighting a political ideology and the name of that ideology is Islamism.

How do we know? The leader of French Council for Muslim Religion (CFCM), Dalil Boubakeur, said so. In response to the Pope's swipe at Islam Boubakeur said, "Beware not to mix up Islam, a religion, with Islamism, a political ideology".

So all you Islamists out there, both violent and peaceful, we have your number. The
French Council for Muslim Religion.

5 comments:

Pastorius said...

I don't use the term Islamism, because I figure people who don't know the definition of the word will think I mean Islam in general.

Now, for the past frickin' week, i have had a liberal on my ass telling me not to use the term Islamofascism.

For God's sake, I think I'm just gonna start calling it the cute fluffy kitten religion or something.

Anonymous said...

I don't use the term Islamism, because I figure people who don't know the definition of the word will think I mean Islam in general.

The most correct - and therefore most apt - term to use here is simply Islam. Why? Because our enemy is Islam.

Pastorius, do you think the enemy isn't Islam in general?

Pastorius said...

Anonymous,

I certainly understand your point.

I think Jihad against the Infidels is evil. I think strict-Sharia law is evil. And, I think Burqas/FGM is evil.

I also think there are many decent human beings who are Muslim.

However, if Muslims decide that the above evils that are Islam (which many certainly seem to have done) then they have made their choice.

Now, let me ask you a question. Do you think our society is ready for outright war yet? What do you think will precipitate actual outright war?

Anonymous said...

I also think there are many decent human beings who are Muslim.

Of course there are many decent human beings who are Muslim. What's important to realize, though, is that their being decent human beings is not a result of them being Muslims, but rather a result of them not being very good Muslims. Islam cannot take the credit for this, and so it shouldn't be given credit for it either.


Now, let me ask you a question. Do you think our society is ready for outright war yet? What do you think will precipitate actual outright war?

I don't know. However, this is a war that has been going on for 1,400 years, so it's not like we are starting one right here and now.

Pastorius said...

Nor, did "we" start the war, unless you want to blame Adam and Eve.

Truth is, human beings in general killed Christ.

All wars are an extension of humanities war against God.