Thursday, April 10, 2008

OBAMA'S THREE WEEK TRIP TO PAKISTAN IN 1981

Obama said, "I traveled to Pakistan when I was in college -- I knew what Sunni and Shia was [sic] before I joined the Senate Foreign Relations Committee."

This last part -- a college trip to Pakistan -- was news to many of us who have been following the race closely. And it was odd that we hadn't hear about it before, given all the talk of Pakistan during this campaign.

So I asked the Obama campaign for more information.

Apparently, according to the Obama campaign, In 1981 -- the year Obama transferred from Occidental College to Columbia University -- Obama visited his mother and sister Maya in Indonesia. After that visit, Obama traveled to Pakistan with a friend from college whose family was from there. The Obama campaign says Obama was in Pakistan for about three weeks, staying with his friend's family in Karachi and also visiting Hyderabad in Southern India.

Hmmm....The facade continues to crumble, if ever so slowly. Time is not on Obama's side. What else is out there???

H/T: ABC News via LGF

1 comment:

Pastorius said...

I wonder if he spent anytime in Afghanistan?