Sunday, June 14, 2009

Obama's Muslim Advisor Cheers "The Turkish Khomeini"

Fuck! I can't fucking believe this.

The Obama Administration feels no compunction to even hide their fascist tendencies, at this point.


Many believe that Gülen wants to bring Sharia back to Turkey: "Turkey’s National Security Council condemned in 1998 for 'trying to undermine the country’s secular institutions, concealing his methods behind a democratic and moderate image.' For this reason he has been living in voluntary exile in the United States since he was sentenced in absentia."

Does Dalia Mogahed not know or care about efforts to bring Sharia to Turkey -- or does she find such efforts to be an "inspiration"?

"Gülen movement an inspiration for all, says Obama’s Muslim advisor Mogahed," from Today's Zaman, June 14 (thanks to all who sent this in):

Dalia Mogahed, appointed by US President Barack Obama and the first Muslim woman to be a member of the White House Advisory Council on Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, has said the Gülen movement, a faith-based social movement named after Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, is a model and inspiration for all those working for the good of the society....

“I think the Gülen movement offers people a model of what is possible if a dedicated group of people work together for the good of the society. I also think that it is an inspiration for other people and Muslims for what they can accomplish,” Mogahed said, commending the movement. She noted that “this initiative has a lot to teach to other people and Muslims, but it needs to broaden its membership profile.” She then elaborated on her advice to the movement. “It has moved beyond Turkey in its very benevolent projects and it serves people from all around the world of all backgrounds, but it is still made up mostly of Turks. That is what I feel is in need of expanding,” she said.

When reminded that some speculate the movement has a hidden agenda, Mogahed told Sunday's Zaman that she usually does not attach any importance to such allegations put forward without evidence. “And I have not seen any evidence so far,” she said....

4 comments:

Ellen K said...

I don't know why anyone is surprised by Team Obama's reaction to this, they also see no problem in introducing sharia law in the UK and frankly, given the SCOTUS view that we must "look to Europe for guidance" it would not surprise me to see several areas in the US under sharia law before long. Detroit and New York both have large Islamic populations and while most probably would prefer not to have sharia imposed, they aren't the vocal minority (squeaky wheels) that have political traction. As someone living in a Dallas suburb that has gone from no mosques to four mosques in the last ten years, I have to say I am concerned.

Reliapundit said...

if obama really was a muslim; would he doing anything differently?

nope.

Pastorius said...

Ellen,
You may be right.

I'm always surprised at evil. I always expect people to behave according to their declarations of the importance of human rights.

Apparently, Obama may think Sharia is consistent with human rights.

Of course, no one in our press cares enough to ask him whether Sharia is consistent with human rights. And, even if they did, his answer would be vague enough to satisfy their vague understanding of Sharia, and their vague allegiance to truth anyway.

And, I guess, I would be left in the same position.

I would wonder to myself if Obama believes he can not simply repudiate Sharia. Perhaps, he thinks it would not be diplomatic.

I am not alone among anti-Jihadists in this kind of thinking. Obviously, people like Charles Johnson and David Horowitz actually like Obama. I do not like Obama as a President.

I believe we need a President who will unequivocally repudiate Sharia as anti-human rights. But, obviously, I do not get what I want.

Pastorius said...

Reliapundit,
Yes, that is a good question.