Thursday, December 06, 2012

Barkley doesn’t think the nation has a “gun culture” but rather a “crime culture” especially “in the black community.”

Racist Bastard!

The Blaze:


Charles Barkley Talks Guns With Bob Costas: ‘I Carry a Gun’ Because ‘I Just Feel Safer With It’

Reacting to Bob Costas’ controversial halftime gun control lecture on Sunday night, retired NBA all-star Charles Barkley said he carries “a real gun” because he feels “safer with it.”

Barkley, appearing on “Costas Tonight,” said he doesn’t think the nation has a “gun culture” but rather a “crime culture” especially “in the black community.”

“You know, we as black people always, we don’t have respect for one another. You know, we’ve got more black men in prison than we do in college and crime in our neighborhoods is running rampant,” Barkley said.

“And I know everybody reacts when something like the Belcher thing happens, but being black, this is something you deal with all the time. And it’s just sad. I’m a guy, I carry a gun. I carry a gun.”

Costas then pointed out that Barkley lives in Arizona where he can “legally carry a gun.”

“Even when I lived in Philadelphia, I’ve had a gun, I’ve carried a gun in my car every year in my life since I was 21, 22. Never had to use it,” Barkley added.

“Are you packing right now?” Costas asked jokingly. “Just being sure.”

“No, no no. I can beat you and John,” the Hall-of-Famer replied.

Like many responsible gun owners, Barkley went on to explain that he hopes he never has to use his gun, but having it makes him feel “safer” and gives him a “sense of peace.”

“I just feel safer with it because we have jocks who get robbed all the time,” he said. “Road rage and things like that, I feel a sense of peace when I have it when me. But it would take extreme circumstances for me to even touch it.”

Watch the clip via NBC below:



Tennis great John McEnroe disagreed with Barkley, saying he feels safer without having a gun. He then praised New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg for trying to get as many guns off the street as possible.

Barkley was unmoved and said it was his “personal choice.”

“I just feel safer with it,” he reiterated.

3 comments:

Pastorius said...

Infidel of the Week.

Nicoenarg said...

Tennis great John McEnroe disagreed with Barkley, saying he feels safer without having a gun.

This is a classic example of growing up in a culture that teaches that you're not responsible for your own actions.

"You know, I never know what I might end up doing if I see a gun in my possession. I mean, its not like I have any control whatsoever on my own actions."

Grow up ya idiot. Do you feel safe around knives while chopping up onions or are you scared for your life wondering every second what the knife might make you do?

F***in idiots!

I don't know how Charles Barkley sat there without smacking the two morons across the face and doing a rock bottom on them!

Anonymous said...

Leftists (er, now "progressives") frequently scold the rest of us that women have a personal choice about aborting their unborn children. When that happens, and it does frequently, every leftists in earshot nods in agreement. Never mind that when the woman exercises that "choice", someone ALWAYS dies.

And when people decide to carry or not to carry an effective means of self defense is a also a personal choice. But when this choice is exercised, very few die and even fewer innocent people die.

Just like with school choice, the left only likes some choices but not others. Me? I carry. I have been very glad to have that means on my person on two memorable occasions, even though I never had to touch the firearm. And that is the best choice of all.