Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Rage On

That’s not what this is. This is a thank you to our fans around the globe, with a motherlode of awesome Rage Against the Machine concert footage, the original demos, video of the first ever Rage Against the Machine concert. We wanted to give our fans everything that they deserve for sticking by us for so long.
Were you at all reluctant about putting out a box set?
Oh heaven’s no. There’s no reluctance. I’m not even sure I understand the question. Why might one be reluctant?
Why indeed? would an anti-capitalist state-smashing against-machine-raging multimillionaire be reluctant to put out a box set for his mosh-pit fans to shell out another $100 on? What a dumb question.
You don’t think the box set is a product? It costs like $100.
Have you seen it? Have you seen the Rage deluxe box set?
I haven’t seen it, but it sure sounds grand. I guess I just need to see it.
I’m sorry. It’s a little out of my price range.
As a journalist, I don’t think you have to go buy it. You’re entitled to one, and I would love for you to get it so that you can report on it. Ask one of our handlers to send you the deluxe box set.
Well, naturally. ‘As a journalist’, he definitely shouldn’t have to pay for his own stuff. It’s only the rank and file fans who should be happy paying $100 to the anti-capitalist multimillionaire for some plastic circles. But a journalist? Heavens no. Talk to anarchist anti-capitalist Tom Morello’s ‘handler’ about it, I’m sure he’ll hook you up. Anyway, there’s more questions about the propriety of box sets, and more Tom Morello confusion that they would even be questions – it’s quite entertaining.
Also of interest were the digs at Paul Ryan. I had forgotten which Rage Against The Machine blowhard got into a tiff with Paul Ryan way back during the 2012 election, so I was grateful for the reminder:
There are a lot of people who just like to throw elbows and mosh in the pit and exercise on their P90X while listening to it. Paul Ryan was one of those, and that’s fine.
Oh, well that’s a relief, that people with The Wrong Opinions are allowed to enjoy Rage Against The Machine’s important music, that it’s ‘fine’. The only part I don’t get is the comment about the ‘P90X’. What in the world is a ‘P90X’? I gather (just guessing) that it’s some sort of fancy gym equipment, and so Tom Morello here is trying to illustrate how out of touch Paul Ryan is with the 99.9%, you know, because he (in Tom Morello’s imagination) owns a ‘P90X’, whatever that is. Which again, I have no idea what it is.
But hey, you know who I should ask? Because you know who – ironically, I suppose? – does know what in the heck a ‘P90X’ is?
Tom Morello, evidently. KILLING IN THE NAME OF.

2 comments:

benue said...

Maybe he should talk to Tony Horton.

Pastorius said...

Who is Tony Horton?