Monday, February 16, 2015

About Those Beheaded Egyptians

The wife of one of the victims
Please see Who were the Egyptians beheaded in Libya? in the Cairo Post.

The victims were Coptic Christians who went to Libya to find employment.

PASTORIUS CUTTING IN TO ADD A MESSAGE FROM AN ANONYMOUS COMMENTER:
More to consider about this...mentioned in the comments at the Conservative Treehouse by Aslans Girl: "I think this is the first time ISIS has murdered on the shore… it made me think of the Marine hymn’s line “to the shores of Tripoli”. I did some research and found out that Derna, where these murders took place today, is a Tripolitan city and it’s where the US won their first military victory on foreign soil. I know today ISIS was sending a message to Egypt, but I can’t help but wonder if there’s a message to America due to the location."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More to consider about this...mentioned in the comments at the Conservative Treehouse by Aslans Girl:
"I think this is the first time ISIS has murdered on the shore… it made me think of the Marine hymn’s line “to the shores of Tripoli”. I did some research and found out that Derna, where these murders took place today, is a Tripolitan city and it’s where the US won their first military victory on foreign soil. I know today ISIS was sending a message to Egypt, but I can’t help but wonder if there’s a message to America due to the location."

Anonymous said...

FoxNews: Figure in ISIS mass beheading video could have US ties says linguist expert.