Sunday, May 08, 2016

Why Donald Trump Has Such Traction

From the Telegraph's article Donald Trump is giving the over-educated geeks who run the world a sharp lesson in reality (May 6, 2016):
...Like Reagan before him, Trump is the great communicator of his time, and while his style might not be to everyone’s taste he is in sync with the zeitgeist. He is bringing back disgruntled voters who had given up on the whole process and is giving them hope. Those blue-collar workers who always looked to the Democrats to give them a break now look to Trump. The under-educated—normally ignored and despised by the media—are getting their moment to speak, and they’re not as dumb as they look. They’re actually street smart, full of common sense, and way ahead of the curve on this.

Maybe the geeks who rule us at the moment, who are not doing a very good job of it, need a few extra classes in reality....
Read it all HERE.

4 comments:

Pastorius said...

I am not dumb. I am educated. I read Philosophy for fun. I know the Bible well. I studied Religion, Philosophy, and English Literature in college. I listen to Modern Classical music, Jazz, and Opera. I read Romantic Poetry because it makes me feel better about life. I like gay people and have gay friends. I could go on and on.

And, I like Trump and consider him to be the most exciting politician of my lifetime. I will gladly cast my vote for him. I have never had such an opportunity.

Pastorius said...

In short, in my case, it has nothing to do with street smarts, and everything to do with Islam and Illegal Immigration.

WC said...

Same here Pasto. I owned and ran $40 million a year business and I never studied business or had a degree in it. Our gay people were part of our team and were some of our top producers.

To bad common sense is not so common.

Pastorius said...

Yes, you're a good example too.

I like this article AOW posted, but it is still cleaving to the idea that Trump supporters are uneducated.

In the area where I live, it is the wealthy, educated people who are Trump supporters. The Middle Class, and young, the people whose ONLY education is the indoctrination of the state schools, those are the ones who think Trump is evil, a bad man, a fascist, etc.

That's because those people don't know how to think for themselves.