Sunday, June 12, 2016

Omar Mir Seddique Mateen: Understanding the Meaning of this name


From Tammy Swofford:

I will cover this story in coming days. I am reminded of a comment made to me by a Muslim a couple of weeks ago. I am holding back on sharing it because I am exploring the statement for operational aspects. Happy shit? Or real shit?

But here is a quick synopsis of the name of the Muslim spree killer:
Omar: Persian/Shi’a variant of the Sunni preferred spelling for the second Caliph Umar 
Mir: It means the individual is descended from the lineage of the fourth Caliph Ali. 
Seddique: Variation of the name given to the first Caliph, 
Abu Bakr. It means “the truthful one”. 
I know the background but this is an abbreviated post. 
Mateen: Variation of the name Matin, which is a Persian family name. There are individuals with the name Matin in Texas who have come to us from Iran. 
Are we dealing with this again? 
Damn the “Watch Lists” If you read my body of work you will understand that I oppose “Watch Lists” which are stagnant and do not move quickly toward *lock up *deportation, and *dropping your miserable ass into the ocean with a set of cement boots. 
I do not support a model of Intelligence Greed which is willing to place the American People at risk.

No comments: