Sunday, July 05, 2020

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS! --- UPDATES


Tonight my teenage daughter asked me, "Dad, what is your version of the American Dream?"

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness," I replied.

She nodded. A rare moment of agreement between me and my rebellious intellectual daughter.

Though, I must say, I have been very worried about America for months now, and I still am, TONIGHT WAS AWESOME!

Because tonight I saw, in my neighbors, an abundance of the ferocious, turbulent instinct, the longing for Liberty, the renewal, and the fruition of Life, and the wayward, careening, joyous pursuit of happiness, that I have been afraid was disappearing.

Why do I say that?

Well, because I live in California. We elected the fucking Communist pig Gavin Newsom who shuts down our businesses, and tells us we can not go outside. We elected a State Legislature who tax us to death, even when we aren't making any fucking money. Our courts are packed with Leftist Comrades who are called Judges, our Police Departments are bursting at the seams with Pension-Swilling Union Orcs. Here in California, we are no longer allowed, BY LAW, to pursue our own happiness, in the most basic of ways, let alone have fireworks.

Oh sure, some cities allow these low-rent pizzle-spit shower of glitter fireworks that flame up for a second and die in a hissy-fit of sibilant sparklies. But we're not allowed to have real fireworks, patriotic pyrotechnics that shatter the sky in fragments, and thump in your chest like a second heartbeat.

And to make mattes worse, ALL the cities cancelled their usual patriotic fireworks displays at the local stadia.

Basically, California CANCELLED the 4th of July this year.

So, what did my fellow citizens do?

As I sit here typing, outside it sounds like a WARZONE.

NON-STOP! 2 hours, and counting, of the hugest, the most explosive illegal fireworks, monstrous munitions, weapons of war against the current state of our Republic.

Meanwhile, there are police helicopters circling, a screaming swirl of sirens all around, and government drones with their blinding LED haloes. The cops are taking names and addresses, I am guessing. Contact Tracers will be dispatched to every home that lit a match under a rocket. All dwellers therein will immediately be diagnosed with Coronavirus and involuntarily quarantined.

And no one cares. No one freaking cares a bit, other than to say, FUCK YOU!!! I'M DOING 4TH OF JULY!

In a way, it doesn't matter whether people are left or right, basically, we all feel the same way:

"LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE! We want to enjoy our lives, spend times with our families and friends, and, oh by the way,  you government, YOU DON'T OWN US, WE OWN YOU!"

That sounds like Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness to me, even if it is a rather inelegant version.

I do love America, even the America which is a pissed-off child, ready to pick up a rock and crush the heads of those who would try to interfere in what we want to do.

I love that America TOO. Maybe even more.

But I have no love for the treasonous pieces-of-shit who are trying to destroy that spirit.

They really ought to take a look around at my city, a very left-leaning city. They ought to take note. These animals don't look like they are ready to be herded. They look like they are ready to attack, if you ask me.

UPDATES

I was not the only person to notice this. It was all over Social Media last night and this morning. A very large percentage of people used the same phraseology in expressing what they witnessed:

IT WAS A WARZONE.

Gateway Pundit published the following headline:

Californians Revolt After Democrats Cancel 4th of July Festivities, Light Up the Sky with Thousands of ‘Illegal’ Fireworks


Democrat tyrant Gavin Newsom and other officials shut down 4th of July festivities in California due to a ‘surge in Coronavirus cases.’ Newsom closed down beaches, bars, restaurants and museums, but his winery, Plumpjack Winery in Napa Valley is still open for business. Advertisement - story continues below Californians revolted and celebrated anyway by lighting up the sky with thousands of illegal fireworks. Aerial footage over Los Angeles was a sight to see. There were fireworks being launched in every direction! Here are some videos:


3 comments:

midnight rider said...

Hear! Hear! In Pennsylvania most of your illegal fireworks have been legal for the last several years. Been rather noisy and rowdy tonight.

GOD SAVE OUR AMERICAN STATES!

Always On Watch said...

Wonderful post, Pasto!

thelastenglishprince said...

Appreciate your thoughts. Very much.