Tuesday, December 07, 2021

TODAY IS PEARL HARBOR DAY

Today is Pearl Harbor day.

My father served in Morocco, Tunisia, Sicily, Italy, and France in World War II.

As a kid, growing up, my father told me a lot about the history of the war, and he took me to films about the war. I grew up loving our country. 

Other children of my generation, growing up in the area of California I lived in, raised in a Academic enclave, by post WWII parents, were taught Communist ideas, and hatred of America and our Constitution.

For this reason, I have felt like an outsider in my own generation, and among my own peers, all through my life.

I only write this to let you know that, as bad as Pearl Harbor was, in my opinion - the opinion of a Patriot, someone who was raised to love America, 9/11 was worse.

And the times during which we started complying with the lockdowns were even worse. 

FAR WORSE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grew up in a family steeped in WWII. Three uncles 1) Operation Torch, Africa campaign, Italy, and the hedges in France (but not D-Day) battlefield promoted from Private to Sergent First Class in 3 years. Unbelievably, not one Purple Heart. 2) DFC flying 50 plus missions over Germany from England. 3) Solomons (Guadalcanal), New Guinea. My own father was 16 when it ended so not in uniform for the War but served 28 years after.

They were a really special breed. No talk, just deeds.

Anonymous said...

My own parents were born in '39, a week apart. Too young to tell much about that war. My spouse's dad did fight in Guadalcanal, his best friend was with the first American troops who walked into the German death camps. Neither is with us any longer to share their memories.
**************************
December 7th: A Date That Should Live in Infamy for Other Reasons

https://dianawest.net/Home/tabid/36/EntryId/3197/December-7th-A-Date-That-

"Evidence reveals that as part of a wider war strategy, the Kremlin sponsored a complex influence operation centered around Soviet agents Richard Sorge in Tokyo and Harry Dexter White in Washington, D.C. Stalin's goal was to maneuver Japan away from war with the U.S.S.R. Every December 7th, we unkowingly mark his stunning success."

https://twitter.com/andrewbostom/status/1468233290108870667

Pastorius said...

Yes, my father never spoke about his war experiences. He just told me about the war, and it's place in history.

I should have been more clear about that.