Thursday, June 15, 2023

Under international law, would it be possible to try Dr. Fauci for genocide (a capital offense)? Well, yes. But you can't say so on Twitter

This Photo Does Not Depict a Real Execution

A friend just posted the following on Telegram:

My account has been suspended for a tweet which read: "So it sounds like there’s an excellent case to be made that under international law Anthony Fauci should be executed. . . ." 

As the text of my tweet makes clear, I was not calling for the execution of Dr. Fauci, but merely pointing out, on the basis of the claim in the tweet to which I was responding, that a case could be made under international law that he conducted himself criminally.  

My friend was responding to a tweet about this article:

Gates, Fauci, and Daszak charged with Genocide in Court Filing

The Twitter rule I am alleged to have violated reads: "You may not threaten, incite, glorify, or express a desire for harm or violence." I did not threaten violence against Dr. Fauci, nor did I incite it, nor did I glorify it, nor did I express any desire for harm or violence against him or anyone related to him. Rather, I simply pointed out, on the basis of the claim made in the tweet to which I was responding, that a LEGAL CASE COULD BE MADE that Dr. Fauci had conducted himself in a capitally criminal manner under international law. I merely voiced my personal opinion on a hypothetical LEGAL argument expressed within the tweet to which I was responding. I did not say such a case HAD been made, or that it was irrefutable, I merely pointed out that, on the basis of the news item to which I was responding, that it "SOUNDED" to me as if it "COULD" be made. 

GO READ THE WHOLE THING

No comments: