Monday, September 04, 2006

NIDRA POLLER: BAKED ON THE PREMISES -- The better to eat you with my dear! EXCLUSIVE!

This is undeniably Nidra's best BAKED ON THE PREMISES column yet for Atlas. Blunt, sharp, brilliant, fearless.

Nidra serves up some diplomatic dish, white -hot (scalding in fact) on French Duplomacy and being taken for a terrible ride..............in the guise of a grim fairy tale.

ATLAS COLUMN: BAKED ON THE PREMISES
The better to eat you with my dear!
Paris 5 September
Nidra Poller


Where are you going, little Red Riding Hood, with that basket full of yummy resolutions?

I’m going to visit my grandmother in that rough neighborhood the other side of the woods.

And is she ill, your grandmother, like her counterparts in the usual fairy tales?

No, she’s been attacked by Hizbullah, she’s fighting them off bravely, and I’m going just to give her moral support. My grandma’s strong, you know. She’ll finish them off in another week or two…

Hmmm Hmmm, of course, that grandmother! Yes, I know, she has a reputation in the ‘hood. You don’t mind if I go along with you. I’ve always admired your grandmother’s disproportionate spunk.

Sure, come along. The more the merrier.

Well, you know how it went. Halfway through the woods le loup met some shady buddies, slipped out on Ms. Riding Hood, got to the grandmother’s pad ahead of her, jumped into bed with the sprightly old lady, and greeted Ridi with an oily smile. Before she knew what hit her, she was in bed with le loup aussi. Une ménage à trois. All to the wolf’s advantage.

Two weeks later, the wolf’s were landing on the shores of southern Lebanon. The better to eat you with my dear!

READ IT ALL AT ATLAS SHRUGS.......it fookin rocks!

1 comment:

Pastorius said...

Do you mean you want to send us something to post here? Just put a link in the comments section, if that's what you meant.