Monday, June 11, 2007

Oh Yeah? Well, I Got Your Jihad Hangin' Right Here ...

I received an email today taking issue with my blog. It was a civil email lacking malice and posed a rational question. So a reasonable question deserves a reasoned response.



Here is the email in its entirety with my responses. I did not include the name or email address of the sender.

Gathering Storm,



It's not clear to me whether you are blogging because you genuinely wish to inform people about a perceived threat, or because you want some notoriety and you're willing to gain it through sensationalism. If it's the latter, there's nothing to be said about that, other than perhaps you are helping to fuel the fire of hatred and misunderstanding that leads to conflict. But if it's the first, you've got some articles that touch on very real concerns, but many more that take an occurrence out of context or selectively focus on only the Muslim component to the story.

The purpose of my blog is not to “fuel the fire of hatred and misunderstanding that leads to conflict”. Muslims are doing that quite well around the world today. My purpose, in my own small way (I get less than 200 readers a day) is to inform the non-Muslim AND Muslim world of the threat of a virulent ideology called Islamism that is making inroads all over the globe.



Read the rest at The Gathering Storm.

No comments: