Friday, October 12, 2007

GREEN IS THE COLOR OF CONQUEST IN ISLAM - WHY THEN ARE WE LIGHTING THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING GREEN IN CELEBRATION OF EID?


Tomorrow, in celebration of the Islamic holiday of Eid, we Americans are going to light up the Empire State Building green.

What does this mean?

Eid is, itself, the culmination of Ramadan, which is a celebration of a war, which established Islam as a power in this world.

According to the Center to Combat Terrorism at West Point, Green is the color of an Islamic land, or, in other words, Dar al-Islam; the land claimed for Allah.

Why are we doing this? Is there any good reason other than creeping dhimmitude combined with the astounding ignorance of our public officials?

I would have to guess that there is someone in the chain of command who can flip the switch to off tomorrow night.

Someone? Anyone? Bueller?

We can not let this happen, folks. We can not let this happen.

We can not let this happen.

Someone flip the switch. Do what needs to be done.

3 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I left the following comment at Atlas's site, and I want to vent here too....

The lighting feels like surrender. I personally do not surrender, and I'm so pissed that such a message is going to be sent to the world.

I know a bit about the meanings of colors in Islam. My knowledge dates back to 1971, when I was in college and wrote a term paper entitled "La Arquitectura Musulmana en Espana" ("Islamic Architecture in Spain"). As a Spanish major, I wrote the paper in Spanish--some 12 pages. Muslims send messages via architectural elements and colors. I know this for a fact! And so do most Muslims around the world.

Most Westerners do not understand similar symbols in our culture's art work. That knowledge is something which fell by the wayside over the past 40 years (at least).

A commenter at Vigilant Freedom put the following comment at my cross-posting there:

Let us recall that on Feb. 23, 1997, one Ali Hassan Abu Kamal shot seven tourists on the 86th-floor observation deck of the Empire State Building, one fatally. According to an AP dispatch (http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/02-97/02-25-97/a05wn036.htm) at the time, “He carried a note blaming the United States for using Israel as 'an instrument’ against his people. The note found in Ali Hassan Abu Kamal’s pocket contains ‘rambling, angry stuff,’ and appears to contradict claims by the man’s family that the shooting had nothing to do with politics, a high-ranking police source said last night. The letter also expressed anger at France and England for using Israel as ‘an instrument’ against Palestinians, and indicated that Mr.
Abu Kamal planned to vent his anger at the Empire State Building, the source said.’”

Perhaps, to commemorate the innocent blood shed there at the impetus of jihad fanaticism, the lighting on the Empire State Building should be red instead of green.

link

Now, I'm not a New Yorker and don't have a lot of sentimental attachment to the structures there. But I know dhimmitude when I see it. I know cowardice when I see it. I know surrender when I see it. I AM SEETHING!

Always On Watch said...

Forgot to say how excellent that link about the significance of colors is!

Pastorius said...

Thanks AOW.

Thanks for your help.

And, thanks for the info on the Islamofascist who murdered people at the Empire State Building back in the 90's.

I didn't know about that.

We have to put these people out of our country.