Thursday, September 04, 2008

"You really need to get off of the blogging soapbox and think about what you're doing"

This is a totally, 'it's all about me' post.....

Received about two hours ago after a playfully teasing post of Ann Coulter's on THE SARAH was sent to a progressive friend....
Who cares.She's terrible.I can't understand how you can support someone like her.You really need to get off of the blogging soapbox and think about what you're doing.


Another victory for tolerance in the free market of ideas here in america. So I answered in a way that Mrs. Epa will undoubtedly tell me was too harsh...
Barack Obama is without question, BY HIS ACTIONS, in the very best case, suspicious of American Jews, except (and at best) those who believe Israel is a historic mistake. His words since defeating Hillary have as much meaning as if Sarah Palin announced she favors choice.

Obama's appointments and advisers' statements, his 20 years at that church, and their statements about Farrakhan establish this.

This alone DISQUALIFIES HIM from any further consideration for president as much as any adviser to McCain who announced that blacks acted for the interest of another nation, and to the detriment of the USA, and that those who objected to such a statement were guilty of McCarthyism. Such people should have been peremptorily DISCARDED. But as you well know, they still serve. And one who was fired, not for her anti Israel statements, but for anti Hillary statements is frequently mentioned without denial as a Sec State

Considering the 2500 years of expulsions, pogroms, mass murders, and multiple attempted genocides, I personally have come to the judgment that the existence of AN Israel (not a greater Israel) is COMPULSORY if jews are to survive.

I could just as easily ask how any American who happened to be Jewish can possibly, and thoughtlessly vote for such a person.

But if I did that, I would find such a statement to be intolerant. I know that those who are going to vote for him, have devoted much thought to it, and have reason.

Barack Obama's total naivety in thinking the ONE WAR we face is a defect limited to Waziristan and Afghanistan is galactically stupid, and generates GUFFAWS among the arabs I speak to. (But hey, maybe you've never read about the actions of Al Qaeda in the Maghreb, or in Thailand, or the Philippines where there are more than scores of deaths each week, and which have NOTHING to do with Iraq ...but I know how much these harsh facts disturb the dialectic)

That is contrasted to John McCain's RECOGNITION of the bitter reality:

"I think we are in a war against Islamic extremism, and I think that war is worldwide"

I could say 'You need to throw away the intolerant dialectic of progressivism as it is today, and deal with the facts which disturb it', but THAT would be intolerant. I know that some have given thought to their philosophy, and they are sincere in trying to make things better.

I have always found it interesting that it is the LEFT which is so intolerant today, and think it is NO COINCIDENCE that this is the font and seat of anti Semitism today.

Just as Barack Obama's campaign, while his crowd yowls emotionally about BUSHITLER (no favorite of mine) killing their civil rights, seeks to use the justice dept to silence harsh and vitriolic criticism of Obama, which has now subsequently and sadly (since I criticized it) turned out to be all too correct.

I had no idea who Obama was, or what he stood for. I had hoped for Giuliani vs Richardson at first blush, but Obama has come to me as the sum of his public actions, which I find, frankly, PREJUDICED, as indicated by his long association, with his spiritual mentor, and his subsequent actions in his appointments. Appointments he still maintains, despite knowledge of their frankly BIGOTED statements.

WHY?

The real question is why it is more difficult to have a serious discussion with progressives than it is with salafis?

2 comments:

Pastorius said...

Hmm.

I don't think this post was all about you.

I think it was a very necessary statement.

Anonymous said...

What exactly would Mrs. Epa find harsh in that statement?

I shouldn't jest . . .for I've been on the receiving end of some not-so-amused half-cocked glances clearly muffling unsavory dissent here at Camp Anon. frequently enough.

Point made . .. and made well.