Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cramming The Koran Down The Throats Of Infidel Children

From this UK publication:
LEARN THE KORAN - MUSLIMS BID TO TEACH YOUR KIDS

NON-Muslim children will be taught Arabic and study the Koran under plans for a new faith school.

A charity is bidding to run the first Islamic faith primary in Britain for youngsters who are not followers of the religion.

The Al Habib Islamic Education and Cultural Centre says 50% of places at the school, which serves a mainly non-Muslim area, will be for local pupils.

It has submitted plans for the £7million, 420-pupil school in Swindon, Wilts.

The charity claims there is demand for the school from the Muslim community and non-Muslim families in the catchment area.

If it goes ahead, an hour of the timetable each day would be dedicated to studying Arabic and the Koran.

Non-Muslims can sit out the lessons but it is hoped most will choose to stay in class to gain more insight into Islam, an Al Habib spokesman said. He added: “The school will follow the National Curriculum and have teachers from different faiths.

“We will be there to provide guidance in religious teaching.”

Keith Porteous Wood, director of the National Secular Society, said the school would be a “disaster” for the community.

He said: “I have great sympathy for local parents.

“A lot of them would not want a Christian school and far less a Muslim one.”

4 comments:

Eruesso said...

I disagree. I have read the Qu'ran from cover to cover and I've not found anything morally worse than what you would find in the Bible. Although I am not a Muslim I have studied their beliefs and I have found as much immoral baggage as the Christians have accumulated throughout history. I am not trying to change anyone's mind but to point out that Islam is not the evil "totalitarian ideology" people make it out to be. Ignorance and blind hatred is what we should fear.

Pastorius said...

Really? So then, why do Muslims behave the way they do?

Pastorius said...

You know, for instance, the stoning to death of apostates and gays, and the enslavement of women.

Can you explain that to me, please?

Eruesso said...

That is a great question that I do not have an answer for since I am not a Muslim although I study what the original faith teaches. Every religion progresses and shapes its theology over time reflecting the current sociopolitical trends of a particular era. I can pick out verses completely out of context from both the Bible and the Qu'ran to defend and attack the other. But will this get us anywhere? No. We must find out what their prophet originally meant while keeping in mind that their scripture was written in 7th century Arabia. It's all interpretation. I encourage everyone to open their history books (both written by Western and Eastern historians) and educate yourselves as to why these horrible things continue to happen. Or if you really want an insiders opinion then consult a local Imam and ask him directly why this is happening.

I've written a blog on this exact issue that might help to clarify my point.

http://agod-sizedpuzzle.blogspot.com/2008/11/obama-mocks-bible.html

So I admit I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer your questions but I am willing to look for the answers together.