Friday, January 02, 2009

Putting Out A Fleece

Quite frequently I will put out a fleece (Judges 6:37-40) wherein I will ask God either for specific guidance on an issue then open the Bible to a random page for an answer. Much more often I will just open it randomly without a specific question to see what God has to say to me today, see what He wants me to chew over.

With everything going on, today's fleece was a bit of a stunner:

Isaiah 33: 7-12

Behold, The valiant ones cry without,
the envoys of peace shall weep bitterly.

The highways lie waste,
the wayfaring man ceases.
Covenants are broken,
witnesses are despised,
there is no regard for man.
The land mourns and languishes;
Lebanon is confounded and withers away;
Sharon is like a desert;
and Bashan and Carmel shake off their leaves.

"Now I will arise" says the Lord
"Now I will lift myself up;
now I will be exalted.
You conceive chaff, you bring forth stubble;
your breath is a fire that will consume you.
And the peoples will be burned as if to lime,
like thorns cut down, that are burned in the fire."


God bless Israel and keep her safe from all her enemies.

3 comments:

Pastorius said...

Thanks for this, MR.

Epaminondas said...

What would Menachem Begin, Golda Meir, or David Ben Gurion be doing today?

midnight rider said...

Taking them down and taking no names. Think I'll watch Munich again tonight.

You're welcome, Pasto. I thought it would be appreciated here, especially with recent events.

Isaiah (like Ezekial) one scary dude.