Saturday, April 25, 2009

Frequent IBA Contributor Michael Travis Has Video Of Intruder Who Invaded His Home - UPDATED AND BUMPED BY ALWAYS ON WATCH

And the police don't seem to care much.

From Michael Travis, the 21st Century Schizoid Man (self-named):


http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv115/TravisMichaels/TravisSoylent.jpg?t=1240529702

Have you ever had the feeling that someone had entered your house or apartment while you were out? Have you ever noticed that things were "not quite as you left them" upon returning from work? Little things draw your attention, like chips in a new cookie jar, drawers not closed properly or cupboards slightly ajar. Luggage and musical instrument cases appear tampered with, and your clothing seem to have been moved haphazardly around your closet.

I have experienced all of the above and substantially more, for over a year. I have returned home to discover my door unlocked several times. My mail has been opened with a letter opener, and stuffed under my door. I have found a note left in a guitar case, outside of the closed case, and crumbled on the ground. This is spooky stuff folks.

I could be crazy. I may be a raving, delusional, 21st century schizoid man.

Or perhaps not.

Last week I installed a video surveillance system in my apartment. The system records any intrusion and sends an alert by email and SMS to my desk at work. The system works like a charm. It took no more than a few days to prove me more or less sane.


On April 21, 2009, while hard at work at my Massachusetts office, I was alerted by the security system to an intruder. From miles away I watched as a slimy trespasser slithered into my small apartment, looked around, and quietly left.

I called the cops.

A nice policeman arrived within minutes and I showed him the video.

The nice policeman said I should ask around to see if anyone can ID the intruder. I told the nice policeman (his name and badge number was covered by elastic bands,,,so I shall continue calling him "Nice Policeman") that he was the cop and investigating crime was his job, not mine.

I feel much better now. Really I do.

It may take time, but I will learn to love Post-America.


Here's the video:




UPDATE FROM ALWAYS ON WATCH:
I had an incident at my house too; very little was taken, but a few things were moved around. I'm not saying there is a connection, merely noting. Good thing I'm not paranoid. Yet.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would take a few days off of work but my car would go elswhere everyday.

then I would patiently wait with my loaded shotgun.

midnight rider said...

Rumcrook -- Yes yes!

(what? you expected me to respond differently?)

Anonymous said...

The intruder is wearing jeans that appear to have light paint stains on them. If this is an apartment, ask the landlord if any of the other apartments were being painted that day. Apartments are typically painted white or very light neutral tones, and the complex's manager would have given the painters access - possibly with a master key. Any electrician, plumber, heating/air conditioning service tech may be suspect as well. It might help explain how this fella managed to unlock the door.

Pastorius said...

Anonymous,
You're analysis has the ring of truth, except for the fact that Michael says that he could tell that his apartment has been being broken into on a semi-regular basis for about a year.

Andre79 said...

Most likely a neighbor or someone with easy building access.

SamenoKami said...

What if the nut-job reads IBA? Millions do.

Anonymous said...

Pastorius - Some apartment complexes have hundreds of units for rent and could have multiple units turned-over in any given month. Each new rental is prepared with fresh paint, plumbing/heating/air conditioning, locks checked with extra keys duplicated for maintenance and service - all these items checked between turnovers.
The frequency of trespass events is what tipped me in this direction.
*****
Nearly thirty years ago, as a newlywed, I was home alone, in our newly rented apt. (one of 120 available for rent) getting ready for work. When I opened the bathroom door, covered only in a towel, I was startled to find a maintenance worker standing up on a ladder, changing a light bulb inside my apartment in the hall immediately outside my bathroom door.
My guardian angel was with me that day as my husband forgot his briefcase and came back home to retrieve it - and he threw the bum out. We moved out of the complex the following week.

Pastorius said...

Well, this guy looks like he is specifically interested in Michael's stuff. He does not STEAL Michael's stuff. He just looks at it.

Why?

Perhaps, I should mention that Michael is a multi-lingual terrorism and intelligence expert.

And, as I say in the title, he is a frequent contributor to IBA, and other anti-Jihad blogs, such as Atlas Shrugs, BabbaZee, etc.

Sadly, I believe Michael has good reason to be paranoid. The man puts himself on the line for this cause more than anyone else I know.

Anonymous said...

Creepy!

Some kind of weird stalker?

Anonymous said...

Quoting Pastorius: "Sadly, I believe Michael has good reason to be paranoid. The man puts himself on the line for this cause more than anyone else I know."Michael has every reason to make this intruder paranoid . . .I'm with Rumcrook. Lock and load.

Epaminondas said...

Wrong state for lock and load, boyz.

Maybe install a TTL pulse activated incapacitating gas canister ...so it can be opened via computer signal.

midnight rider said...

True that, Epa. Massachussets is not gun friendly. Unless you take the Better to be Judged by Twelve than Carried by Six outlook.

Be interesting if this pattern continues to see if it's the same character. Hopefully it won't continue.