Sunday, September 13, 2009

Well, I wasn't there today. In D.C. that is.

If you must know I was exercising another Constitutional right at the Harrisburg Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors gun show today. And while not the D.C. turnout there were still thousands. And I know at least ONE Springfield 1903 from 1918 traded hands :)

That aside, I wish I could have made it to D.C. and I am not oblivious to the news. Contrary to the sterotype we gunnies are not just backwards redneck hicks. We do watch teevee.

And what we saw at the show and the bar afterwards (guns, cheesesteaks and beer. mmmmmm. . . . .) tells me the Tea Party was far bigger than some would have you believe. Far bigger than expected.

But already they're backpedaling and downplaying. The original ABC estimate is now being touted as untrue, that ABC never said that, and they estimate it was closer to 60 - 70 k. Charlie Johnson is reporting that. (when the hell did he leave the counter-jihad?)(did he convert or something?).

MSNBC is stating tens of thousands.

But what I saw on teevee, and what Atlas has up, and I am sure Always on Watch will be able to back up, is far far more than that number.



Why, we haven't seen this many people on the streets of D.C. since Inauguration Day.

Hmmm. . .

5 comments:

Pastorius said...

Charles Johnson is absolutely wrong.

See the post above this one.

Did he convert, or has he just pussed out on the counter-Jihad because of death threats?

I am sad to say, I think it is the latter.

midnight rider said...

Yeah, the Johnson question was rhetorical, I suppose. Point is he has pussed out for whatever reason and is pretty much just a charicature anymore. At least as far as I'm concerned.

revereridesagain said...

They can try to spin this all they want, but the pictures are there and the pictures don't lie. (Btw, are we sure that is a shot from the Inauguration? Do the trees on the Mall stay green year round? Compare with the bare branches in the smaller photos.)

Always On Watch said...

There were clearly over 1 million people marching yesterday in DC.

The numbers were absolutely astounding.

And people were still heading to the Capitol grounds when Mr. AOW and were leaving around 2:00.

revereridesagain said...

And if anyone questions that time-lapse vid of the event, notice the 4 guys who come out on the roof near the flag to check out the crowd. There is a still shot from the street of the same 4 guys up there next to the flag.

The traffic gridlock must have been incredible, to say nothing of the subway.