Interview With Dr. Paul L. Williams
Interview With Dr. Paul L. Williams
Debbie Hamilton: Thank you Dr. Williams for taking the time to answer a few questions about legal-jihad or law-fare (war by legal action) and your personal battle. is suing you. Will you summarize for readers exactly what you said and did that is the basis of this suit and what judgment McMaster is suing for if they win. I believe I read that the amount is somewhere around $2 million.
Dr. Paul Williams: Debbie, I am being sued by for reporting the following:
1. McMaster has harbored leading al Qaeda operatives, including Adnan el-Shukrijumah, Jaber A. Elbaneh, Abderraouf Jdey, and Amer el-Maati. This finding was a result of the interrogation of Khalid Sheikh Mohammad, who was taken into custody in Karachi by ISI officials on March 3, 2003. A BOLO (“Be-on-the-Lookout”) for these operatives was issued by former US and FBI director Robert Mueller on March 21, 2004. A reward of $5 million has been posted for each of these agents. Adnan el Shukrijumah has been described by the US Justice Department as "the next Mohammad Atta" who has been commissioned to commandeer the next attack on U.S. soil. McMaster is an ideal location for these operatives to study since it houses a 5 megawatt nuclear reactor, one of the largest reactors for educational purposes in the western hemisphere. The first accounts of these operatives at McMaster were written by of " " and Scott Wheeler of “Insight.” They appeared on October 17, 2003 and remain posted on the internet. I met with a McMaster official who verified these reports. But, again, I am far from the first to report this story and far from the last to verify it.
2. When the operatives left McMaster, 180 pounds of nuclear material was reported missing. The story of the missing waste was first reported by former federal prosecutor John Loftus on WABC News and by Attorney Janice L. Kephart of the 9/11 Commission in an address before the House Committee on the Judiciary entitled "The Need to Implement WHIT to Protect .” This address is also accessible on the internet. It was verified by Scott Wheeler of The Washington Times who spent a considerable amount of time on the McMaster campus. The McMaster official restated this account of the missing nuclear material when I interviewed him.
3. The College of Engineering at McMaster contains an over-abundance of professors from terror-sponsoring countries. In the Division of Earthquake Engineering, 9 out of 10 faculty members are from the Universities of Cairo and Alexandria. For verification, go to this site: http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/civil/vibs/.
Similarly, the only full-professors at the College of Engineering, when I wrote about the university in 2005, all hailed from The University of Cairo or The University of Alexandria. Ditto the Dean, Vice President, and the Department Head of the same department. of BBC points out in her book on al Qaeda that the engineering department at the University of Cairo remains under the control of the Muslim Brotherhood. Stating such facts in Canada constitutes racism, and, therefore, I am being dragged into Canadian court.
4. Officials from the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), when I met with them in Hamilton, confirmed that McMaster has been under scrutiny for a long time; that many of the students have ties to radical Islam and terrorist organizations; and that Islamic members of the faculty have conducted clandestine meetings at an off-campus address in Hamilton. I did not meet with the OPP alone. Dr. Hugh Cort (a physician), Laurice Tatum (a private investigator) and (editor of ) were also present. At the conclusion of the meeting, the OPP officials - - Detective Constables Dennis A. Bryson and Tim Trombley - - advised me to warn the American people of the situation at McMaster and the fact that the campus was a “hive of jihadi activity.” For heeding this advice and warning the American people, I am being sued for defamation.
5. Two of the terrorists who were taken into custody in the plot to kill the Canadian Prime Minister and to blow up Parliament were students from McMaster. I appeared on the national airwaves to inform the public that something very significant was unearthed by investigators in Toronto and that a major bust would take place in a matter of days. I was right. Five days later the arrests were made. But this didn’t vindicate me in Canada since the terrorists were arrested after I made the announcement. I’m sure some of your readers and listeners will be shaking their heads at this last statement. But truth is not a defense in Canada.
There you have it as succinctly as I can state it.
Debbie Hamilton: You have been living under this suit for how many years now and what toll has this taken on your personal life and finances?
Dr. Paul Williams: It has been devastating. I was forced to obtain Canadian and American lawyers at considerable costs and to pay investigators to revisit McMaster in order to substantiate my claims. At the same time, I became a pariah in the publishing world. From 2000 to 2007, I wrote nine books that were sold to major publishing firms - - some became international bestsellers and attracted widespread acclaim. I was a popular figure on Fox News and other national news outlets. As soon as I was slapped with the suit, the book offers ceased to come and the welcome mat to the outlets was removed. Still and all, I am fortunate. My family has stood firmly behind me and the Lord is with me.
Debbie Hamilton: Previously you said you welcomed the lawsuit because it would give you access to all of McMaster's records through the legal process of discovery and you would be able to expose what you believe could well be the nerve center for Osama's "American Hiroshima" project to blow up ten American cities with suitcase nukes. How is the discovery process proceeding and are you pleased with the documents you have received so far?
Dr. Paul Williams: I have not been granted access to any documents - - not even student records, not even the dossiers of the Muslim staff members. My Canadian lawyers refuse to request such documentation - - claiming that any findings that I uncover will not be admissible in Canadian court. And so, I am even denied the right to substantiate my allegations. The libel laws in Canada are radically different from the laws in the U.S. Let’s remember that I am an American being tried by a foreign court under foreign law. I have been stripped of my Constitutional rights and the protection of my government.
Debbie Hamilton: Many Americans have a hard time understanding how you, or anyone, can be sued by a foreign nation or entity for something you said or did in your own home here in the United States. Can you explain how that works?
Dr. Paul Williams: It’s a result of globalism and free trade agreements, including It’s a situation that will worsen with the decline of nationalism and the surrender of our national interests. Your question is apt and your audience should realize that what I wrote about McMaster was written from my office in ; what I said about McMaster was said from my home to radio hosts who called me.
Debbie Hamilton: I understand that some states in the U.S., , New York, Florida, and Illinois, have passed laws to prevent anything like this from happening again. Is this correct and do you see other states following their lead?
Dr. Paul Williams: The legislation will be presented to the Senate Judiciary Committee in late February. All Americans should contact their senators and congressman and press for its passage. We are the only nation on earth that grants its citizens freedom of speech. Unfortunately, that freedom is being taken away from us and most Americans remain silent and uninformed.
Debbie Hamilton: Do you see an end in sight as to your personal lawsuit? What would be your perfect verdict? If you don’t see a perfect verdict, what would be an acceptable verdict and what is the worst outcome, that outcome that you fear?
Dr. Paul Williams: When you lose your life savings and your professional career, you realize that you have nothing else to lose and that you have reached a state of real freedom. I am free to face a court and to tell a jury about the situation at McMaster that threatens everyone in the western hemisphere. This is a wonderful opportunity and I intend to make the most of it. The perfect outcome for me would be widespread media coverage and an in-depth investigation of jihadi activity on campuses throughout Canada and the U.S. Under Canadian law, a victory for a hard-nosed journalist like me might be hard to come by. But I am Irish and, given my day in court, I will draw blood.
Debbie Hamilton: Many have been silenced by the threat of physical terrorism and also by law-fare, and go out of their way not to insult radical Islam. We’ve seen that recently with the Christmas Day bomber Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab and the Fort Hood massacre by Nidal Malik Hasan, where intelligence agencies and the military went out of their way not to use the words ‘religion’, ‘Islam’, and ‘Muslim’.
What advice would you offer to authors, journalists and individual citizens who value free speech and want to be accurate in their reporting? What can they do to avoid being treated as you have been?
Dr. Paul Williams: If journalists are afraid of litigation, they should seek another profession. I have been careful to document every assertion that I make. My books are filled with hundreds of footnotes. I have served as the editor/publisher of an award-winning newspaper. My reports have resulted in the arrests and convictions of some very nasty individuals. But such scrupulousness, training, and hard work can not save anyone from a lawsuit. I can only quote H. R. Mencken, “Don’t trust any reporter who hasn’t been sued at least once.”
Debbie Hamilton: Thank you so much for this interview. Please know that you have many supporters who would like to help in some way. Is there something readers can do to help, in addition to contributing to the Dr. Paul L. Williams Defense Fund?
Dr. Paul Williams: Grant me mention in their prayers and stand up for America by supporting the .
Debbie Hamilton: Thank you, and to our readers, you may contribute to Dr. Paul L. Williams Defense Fund here: http://www.paulwilliamsdefensefund.com/. Here is the Free Speech Protection Act 2009