A U.S. solider deployed in Afghanistan captured the mastermind of the attack that killed his cousin three years before
read the whole story in the families letter
- SGT Brennan was wounded in an ambush on 25 Oct 07 and died of his wounds on 26 Oct 07.
- PVT Brennan left the US for his duty station on 26 Oct 09 (on the 2 year anniversary of his cousin's death)
- PVT Brennan was assigned to the same Brigade, Battalion, Company AND Platoon as his cousin had been
- PVT Brennan's platoon was chosen to go on the mission that would end in the capture of the high value target who masterminded the ambush that resulted in SGT Brennan's death.
- At the time the Brennan family was together for their annual Christmas gathering and toasting SGT Brennan's memory, PVT Brennan was on a patrol that captured the mastermind of the ambush that resulted in SGT Brennans' death.