Friday, July 06, 2012

Nation Of Wusses

So, on July 4, Mr. AOW and I went to the local VFW for the annual Independence Day barbecue.

Rarely do we discuss politics there.  Mr. AOW, however, said something about recently attending a Romney rally here in Northern Virginia because he wanted to tell the guys about one of the anti-Obama buttons we got at the rally; that button has a drawing of Obama on it and reads "Does this ass make my butt look bigger?"  I've been on a diet (almost done now) and just had to have that button.

One of the other VFW patrons (might not have been a veteran but should have some kind of connection to the military and about 30 years old) piped up and said, "Romney scares me."

Whisky Tango Foxtrot!

I kept quiet, but my brain shouted to itself:

"Romney SCARES you?  Are you kidding me?  OBAMA doesn't scare you?"

We're a nation of wusses. I'm convinced of it. And what happened at our local VFW a few days ago serves to reinforce my theory.

5 comments:

Pastorius said...

I've been hearing this meme a lot lately, that Romney "scares" people.

Amazing.

I have a feeling that if you asked these people what they are scared of, they could come up with nothing more than the mono syllabic: "Bain", "mormon", "Swiss... bank".

Fuckin' idiots.

This is what passes for critical analysis these days.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi guys.
I don't know but things like $ 300/barrel for gas, Strait oh hormuz closure, martial law ,Food riots and WWIII scares me a lot more and that might be ahead if he pulls the trigger as an 'October surprise' to stay in power.
Not mentioning being worried about the young 'adult' boys at home.
I agree we can't allow Iran to go nuclear but if the 'go ahead' is given only for personal political 'survival', then it's for all the wrong reasons that many young men will die or get wounded.
But what the hell do i know?

Always On Watch said...

Pasto,
A couple of interesting things about what happened the other day:

1. The fellow who is scared of Romney is a union worker -- steel industry.

2. The bartender at the VFW -- the manager and bartender -- is a Mormon. I'm sure that she heard the comment.

Tim said...

What a shame that a union guy can't think for himself.