Friday, July 13, 2012

WHAT?

Maybe this isn't news to everyone here, but I've been somewhat out of the loop this week.. Excerpt:
DHS emergency power extended, including control of private telecom systems

...An executive order signed June 6 "gives DHS the authority to seize control of telecommunications facilities, including telephone, cellular and wireless networks, in order to prioritize government communications over private ones in an emergency," said Amie Stephanovich, a lawyer with the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)....

3 comments:

midnight rider said...

I did a quick check on google and it appears this is actually the same one you posted on yesterday and I posted on here
. Executive order 13618 was signed on July 6 (not June 6, Wash Times misprinted the month I think).

Plenty f reason for concern here. Or I'm just getting paranoid.

Always On Watch said...

MR,
I knew that both you and I had posted about this executive order.

But, somehow, I didn't realize the private telecommunications part.

As I've said, I've been very distracted this week -- trying to help Warren and his wife. Not that I can do anything, really. But on the phone a lot.

That private island that we've talked about is starting to look like the right idea!

Epaminondas said...

Rule of thumb MR ... from submarine commander ,, whenever you think you are being paranoid, depend on the fact that you are not being paranoid enough