Where Do You Go
When There's No High Road
Left To Take?

click.jpg

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Updated Version Of "First They Came"


The Statist Progressives' version of Martin Niemöller's "First They Came" (with a hat tip to Bob):
First they came for the Evangelicals
But they just want everyone to follow their oppressive rules
So I was fine with that

Then they came for the conservatives
But they are just greedy bastards who want to take away poor people's benefits,
So I was fine with that

Then they came for the gun owners
But we can't have crazy people shooting kids
So I was fine with that

Then they came for the Jews
But it's not fair that they run the world
So I was fine with that

Then they came for the homeschoolers
But they just want to brainwash their children
So I was fine with that

Then they came for the "preppers"
But they are just crazy anti-government agitators
So I was fine with that

Then they came for the Catholics
Because hey, why not?
So I was fine with that

So now that we're living in our glorious utopia
They came for me
And I can't imagine why everyone else is fine with that.
Bookworm opined about the above as follows, and I agree:
[T]he IRS attack on political groups that Democrats don’t like is the first link in that chain. We have to stand up and fight now, even if we weren’t specifically a conservative organization applying for tax-exempt status or a conservative millionaire demonized by Obama’s campaign machine.
Please take a few minutes of your time to listen to these words from Mark Levin.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Always On Watch at permanent link#

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home