Friday, August 09, 2013

Why should Nidal Hasan's undeserved attorneys care if he does get a death sentence?

The defense attorneys assigned to represent Nidal Hasan, undeserving as actually is, want to drop out but the judge won't let them, and here's why:
The military judge overseeing the trial of admitted Fort Hood gunman Maj. Nidal Hasan told defense attorneys Thursday that they can't drop out of the case -- even though they believe it's tantamount to helping him commit suicide.

"This is nothing more than their disagreement with Major Hasan's strategy in conducting his defense," said the judge, Col. Tara Osborn, rejecting a motion by the standby counsel who are tasked with assisting Hasan as he represents himself.

The attorneys argued Wednesday that Hasan is trying to help the prosecution achieve a death sentence.
Let us be perfectly clear here. No matter how much he wants to make himself a martyr, he still deserves the death sentence to the very end, and they should not allow his deluded desires to get in the way of justice. Mainly because it's unlikely he'll get 72 virgins, and more likely he'll go to hell and appear before an even higher court. As the UK Telegraph reports, one Hasan's victims was a pregnant woman:
Private Francheska Velez, 21, who had become pregnant while serving in Iraq, was one of those killed in the massacre carried out by Hasan, an American-born Muslim, in a medical building at the Fort Hood military base in Texas on Nov 5, 2009.

In emotional testimony at the Fort Hood trial on Thursday, Sergeant Maria Guerra, who was on the other side of an office door when Hasan opened fire, said: “I hear 'Run, run,’ and I hear 'He’s coming.’ I hear 'Please don’t, please don’t. My baby, my baby.’ And then I hear shots. I hear continuous shots.

“When I opened the door I could hear a pin drop it was so silent. I see bodies, I see bodies everywhere, and I see blood. No-one is moving. I yelled 'Is everybody OK?’ and I started hearing 'Help me, I’m bleeding, help me.’”
For this, Hasan deserves a pure death sentence, and I'd recommend his head be cut off and he be put before a firing squad that fire at more than just his torso. They should fire at his shitty face too until it's completely unrecognizable. Then, they should run over his body with a tank to smash it all into debris. That's how murderers should be dealt with. They don't even deserve a decent burial.

The attorneys for Hasan would be doing everyone involved a favor by ensuring death's bell tolls for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True justice would be gained by putting Islam on trial with Hasan and decimating both with the truth which would abolish the meme Islam as a religion and ban it from the face of the North American continent. Then, provide the victims of Islamic terror and specifically of Hasan each a turn at choosing the method of death to be endured by him in a public forum. A traditional democratic vote will determine the most popular publicly approved method of Hasan's demise.
24/7 public service announcements and festive annual parades will henceforth celebrate the final defeat of Islam on the N. American continent.
The world will witness and then determine for themselves their own path against this despicable foe.
-
-
-
One can dream, right?