Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Daily Kos Blogger’s Premiums Double Under Obamacare


From the Daily Kos:
My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. 
We are generally healthy people who don’t go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe. 
Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife’s rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284. 
I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any [expletive] penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this? 
Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don’t qualify, anyway, so what’s the point?

2 comments:

Ciccio said...

Read the comments on the daily Kos. More than half are basically telling him he is a traitor to the cause, he is now getting real insurance, the company is ripping him off et al. This is going to be like income tax, only those that work, produce and pay taxes are going to pay more. Since they mostly vote Republican they will also blame the party for caving in. Another win for Obama.

Pastorius said...

Yeah, you're right.

It's going to lead to the end of a healthcare system functioning under Capitalist incentives.

By the way, with regard to your other question, on another thread, about how attitudes have changed towards black people. I must admit, i am getting awfully tired of Black Culture blaming everything on White People. I think we have seen numerous examples of the disfunctionality of Black Culture, not the least of which is the fact that 97% of blacks voted for Obama in 2012. This is racism, itself. Blacks have shown they think Tribally. It is fucking pathetic. What are we supposed to say to a group of people who don't want to get with the American program and be part of the larger culture, but instead just want to continue on being tribal? I don't know.

I understand that some of this is the result of having been picked on, but they have to get over it eventually. Group think is stupid and dangerous and it is not thinking.