Thursday, October 09, 2014

O'Reilly Interviews Panetta, Panetta Says of Benghazi, "We Told The President That There Is An Attack By Terrorists"

Wow, this is an odd interview. Bill O'Reilly talks all over Panetta, almost not letting him get a word in edgewise. He berates him, telling him, "You're part of the problem." He interrupts him, badgering him as if he were a schoolboy who got caught leading a ring of boys in a scheme to look up girl's dresses.

AND PANETTA TAKES IT!?!??!

 I don't understand.

Why would Panetta submit to this? I mean, I know he's trying to promote a book, but he doesn't have to allow O'Reilly to speak to him this way?

And, you know, I don't watch O'Reilly, so I have no idea, but does O'Reilly do this to everyone?

I highly doubt it, because IF HE DID, HE'D BE THE GREATEST INTERVIEWER EVER.

This is some bizarre TV. Panetta is one of the most powerful people on the planet (or was, anyway) and O'Reilly all but butt rapes him for all the world to see.

4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I watched this interview when it aired live. Quite something to see!

O'Reilly is pompous and often walks over his guests. But rarely to this extent.

So, why did Panetta take it? To support in advance the 2016 Dem candidate for POTUS? I think that strategy is in play -- although I don't know enough about Panetta to declare that he's part of that strategy. The strategy is going to backfire and set up the GOP for a win. I hope!

Anonymous said...

He deserved much worse...by revealing he/they all knew Benghazi had nothing to do with that video, he is admitting complicity in the deaths of American victims of that persistent lie. THIS should be the final nail in the political career of Hillary, Panetta, Petraeus and the entire administration.

Pastorius said...

I agree, Anonymous. Panetta should have resigned, if he really cared about American troops and diplomats and the American People.

Ciccio said...

I disagree about resigning. Had he done so, he would have hurt the only American people he deeply cares about.
The Panettas.

Anyone who has spent that much of his life in the public service has been infected with the prevailing attitude in the public service, they are no longer public servants but government officials. Servants serve, officials rule.