Sunday, May 03, 2015

Retard of the Week: Progressive San Fran Businessman Threatened By Min. Wage Law Appalled By Increase In Cost Per Year

One-Percenter Doesn't Want To Pay His Fair Share

From
Brian Hibbs, the owner and operator of Comix Experience, is having a difficult time confronting the reality presented by San Francisco’s new minimum wage law. The law passed in November by a huge majority requires that wages increase, as of May 1st, to $12.25 and will end up at $15 by 2018. 
Anticipating only a slight increase in his costs, Hibbs was originally supportive of the law. But, then he did the math: 
I was appalled! My jaw dropped. 
Eighty-thousand a year! I didn’t know that. I thought we were talking a small amount of money, something I could absorb. 
We’re for a living wage, for a minimum wage, in principle. . . . But I think any law that doesn’t look at whether people can pay may not be the best way to go.

1 comment:

Pete Rowe said...

That is crazy talk. Next thing you know this guys is going to suggest that the market set the cost of labor.