Sunday, January 03, 2016

Fun Presidential Personal Alignment Quiz....

isidewith.com

Be sure to click on 'more questions about' in each category as you will get a much more granular response, and answer on the left what degree of importance each issue has to you.

This is not bad, but still vulnerable to anomalies. For instance I came out as unilateralist because I have decided my prior stance on Syria (we have NOTHING to gain there, STAY 100% out) was wrong in the result of an infinite stream of refugees, x% of whom are mass murderer wannabees.

After your candidate alignment is revealed be sure to go to how you align with the candidates on each issue by importance.

Full disclosure .. Rubio and Cruz tied at 89% alignment with me, Carson at 82, Trump 76.

I was slightly more Cruz in domestic, and slightly more Rubio in foreign.

Very interesting and pretty good measure.

BTW if you take the quiz on different days, different questions appear
Today's result:



Pastorius cutting in: HERE ARE MY RESULTS



I COULDN'T GET THE SCREEN SHOT TO MOVE FURTHER DOWN THE PAGE, BUT JEB, HILLARY, AND BERNIE ARE AT THE BOTTOM, IN THAT ORDER.

I think the reason Rubio is ahead of Cruz on my list is because my actual opinions on Immigration issues are EXTREMELY nuanced.

However, I fully support Trump on immigration. I do not support Rubio at all. I would not vote for Rubio's immigration policy in a million years.

I would end all illegal immigration, build a wall, and then begin a very scaled-back immigration process based upon ratings of cultures and individuals and their suitability to assimilation into the United States. I would provide amnesty for many existing illegal families, because I believe that We The People are the government, and whether we like it or not, the illegals who are here now are here because of a collusion between big business and our government. Therefore, we have some responsibility to these people.

I hate the fact that there are millions of illegal immigrants in our country. But what goes on inside our borders is our business, and we've allowed this status quo for far too long to completely deny responsibility for it.

Fuck Rubio on immigration.

Donald Trump all the way on immigration.

But I do like Ted Cruz as a real world Presidential candidate.

midnight rider butting in

here are my results:


which was a little surprise to me. I would have thought I sided closer to Trump but that may be because I am SO fucking pissed off at Washington and Republicans. Cruz or Trump I'm good either way.

How Carson and Rubio snuck in there I don't know. Must have been the bourbon...

In another complete shocker...


A Right Wing Libertarian. Huh. Who Knew?

;-)

13 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Good grief! I got 98% Donald Trump.

I can't post my entire results because the site is now too busy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link...very interesting analysis.

My results were mixed given what I 'thought' I believed...
Ben Carson 89% (no, I don't feel that strongly about Carson)
Ted Cruz 89% (yes, agree)
Donald Trump 88% (again, likely agree)
Marco Rubio 86% (give me a break! No way!)
Rand Paul 80% (on what universe?)
Rick Santorum 79% (probably higher in reality)
Mike Huckabee 79% (get out of town! - no way!!)
Carly Fiorina 76% (not in this lifetime - or ever!)
Jeb Bush 72% (what is the analyst smoking?)
John Kasich 63% (no)
Chris Christie 60% (no)
Hillary Clinton 23% (NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!)
Bernie Sanders 19% (NO!)
Jim Webb 17% (NO)
Martin O'Malley 13% (HA HA HA HA...who???)

Except for education (most important), EPA and I agree on most issues...hmmmm.

My ideology is considered strongly "Right-Wing" on an ideological scale since I "support policies that promote economic freedom and a society based on morals and values"....oh, the horror!

Very entertaining...thanks! -HRW :D

christian soldier said...

Trump-Cruz
C-CS

Pastorius said...

By the way, part of the problem with this survey is it only tells us which ISSUES we agree with.

Not whom we actually believe we can trust.

I don't trust Rubio as far as I could kick his ass and send him flying.

Always On Watch said...

HRW!

Great to see you here!

Always On Watch said...

As far as I an tell, Rubio is the establishment GOP's candidate now. Therefore, I am against him.

Pastorius said...

I wish Reliapundit would begin to understand there is no Conservative party anymore.

To vote for an establishment candidate is like a heroin addict going back to the needle.

midnight rider said...

EXACTLY!

Always On Watch said...

Pasto,
Like you, I have great respect for Reliapundit.

But what I know about the inner workings of the GOP -- and I'm not speaking from knowledge gleaned from the web but rather via face-to face discussion with a close associate of the big players in the Party -- makes it clear to me that the GOP has been hijacked by the GOP establIshment, and they don't give a damn any more about the principles of conservatism. They view the electorate which has been supporting them as imbeciles and peasants beyond the moat.

Pastorius said...

Yes, that assessment agrees with my observation.

You know the other day I wrote about my experience of working with the Democrat Party back in 1992.

At the time, I was shocked to find that the people who ran things in the Democrat Party were actively involved in suppressing the voices of their registered Democrat voting constituents.

Now, I would say THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS EVEN WORSE THAN WHAT I SAW IN THE DEMOCRAT PARTY IN 1992.

It's really downright treasonous at this point.

Epaminondas said...

The idea that we are strongly right wing, is REPUGNANT because frankly, I don't think we are very far from men such as HST, JFK, HHH or Henry Jackson on an AWFUL lot of issues. In fact that description smaacks of the way EUROPEANS think of a right wing

Pastorius said...

We're certainly not "far right". I think our history here proves that.

Always On Watch said...

Pasto,
What we are: fed up to the gills with betrayal on Capitol Hill (and elsewhere.

We need reset button!