Sunday, September 11, 2016

Strangely, this year, 15 years on, I find I have nothing to say.

At least nothing that wouldn't sound trite. To my ears, anyway.

I've thought about this Anniversary much in the last few weeks.

Watched a couple of those documentaries on it and, instead of the anger and rage I usually feel, found myself feeling sorrow, almost to tears.

And something akin to shock. The same shock I felt that day.

And so, after nearly 10,000 posts, I seem to have lost my voice

and will let the abyssal silence of the past speak for itself






11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
12 For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

Ecclesiastes 9:11 -12

5 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I'm still angry.

But I'm filled with sadness, too. Since 9/11, the lie that Islam is a religion of peace is more widely believed today than 15 years ago. The rebuilding at Ground Zero has glossed over that happened that day.

This morning's news keeps yapping, "We're stronger now."

No.

As a nation, we aren't stronger than we were 15 years ago. We are even more ideologically compromised -- and worrying too much about offending Muslims.

Always On Watch said...

Meant to add this to my above comment:

the sons of men snared in an evil time.

Pastorius said...

The only thing I am sad about is that we do not allow ourselves to react out of anger, like strong healthy human beings should.

But even that fills me with rage.

Always On Watch said...

Pasto,
Ditto!

Anonymous said...

Feeling much the same, I contemplated this thread overnight feeling less able to express myself since responsibilities to aging family members keeps my focus elsewhere.
As coincidence has it ... a comment over at Gates of Vienna linked to an essay which somewhat brightened my spirits. Perhaps its time this alternate media take hold of the narrative and follow by this example for future threads commemorating 9/11 - ALL the 9/11's:

TheDistributist: Why September 11th?
Why are we not, instead, celebrating that on this date, September 11, 1683, the kara-mustafaChristian defenders of Western Civilization fought successfully against an effort by Islam to rampage across Europe and turn Saint Peter’s Basilica into a mosque?

When was the last time anyone in America celebrated, or even learned about the Christian victory over the Ottoman Turks, who, led by Kara Mustafa, had held Europe under siege at the Gates of Vienna throughout the summer of 1683? Why is the name of John III Sobieski not known in households throughout the free world?