Wednesday, November 09, 2016

WHERE? WHITHER? WHENCE?


So, as you may or may not know, I live in California. I am a musician, and I spent most of my life working in the Media Business. I also have two degrees, and spent probably 6 full years in college (some spread out over multiple years) during the course of my life.  Several of those years were during the time I was in my 30's, when I was already established in my career.

Many of my friends make their living in the Entertainment business. Even I like to think I am, somehow, part of the Biz, though I don't make any money at it anymore. And I never did make much.

My friends who are not in the Media world, tend to be in Academia.

All of this to say, I have suddenly realized that, right about now, my friends are probably starting to know they have been lied to ...

for months on end.

There was nothing that prepared them for this.

NOTHING.

What must they feel like?

By late tomorrow, they, with the aid of their gurus in the media, will start coming up with a narrative that will combine conspiracy and vitriol. Something along the lines of, "The Irredeemably Deplorable people stole this election through a combination of ruthless trickery and sheer idiocy."

Just you watch.

But in the back of their minds, and in the dungeons of their hearts, they know the truth.

The truth is, Hillary and her minions in the government, and the Mainstream Media, have waged a prolonged campaign of outright lies and menacing conspiracy. They falsified Poll numbers. They colluded to berate, humiliate, and even do violence to Conservatives. And they have shorn themselves entirely of Americanism, even having gone so far as to pardon felons, and encourage illegal aliens to vote.

And they know all of this is morally wrong. They know it. And they can help themselves. But they believe they are entitled to be evil, in the name of what they think is the greater good.

And, indeed, the evil of their methods has grown and taken over the entirety of their being, and there is almost no health left in them.

How to repair this chasm in their hearts and in our culture?

I have no idea.

Just running through things in my mind.

One thing I have learned from doing this for the past 12 years is, IT NEVER STOPS.

IT NEVER STOPS.

But tonight, this is what it is:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn her to hell...she didn't have the courage to face her supporters to concede in public. Hillary called Trump to concede only after Podesta sent her supporters home and ensured that a majority would shut down for the night and miss out on Trumps well earned victory speech. God bless America! Trump 2016!!!! Insert video of the deplorable state unite theme from les miserables....Do You Hear The People SING!!!!!!

midnight rider said...

In other news Janet Reno passed away today. More peacefully than the Branch Davidians but still...

The Last English Prince said...

Yeah, that was bizarre Hillary telling Trump to concede. But not as bizarre as CNN back peddling all night saying things like, "The whole world THOUGHT Clinton would win!" What planet ARE they broadcasting from?

Other worst moment for CNN? Van Jones becoming completely unhinged in his hatred and claiming the vote a "whitelash" against immigrants/

( Megyn Kelly, FOX News, started looking queasy about midnight)

Pastorius said...

Hillary told Trump to concede?

Wow.

I fell asleep. Look at what I missed.