Wednesday, January 25, 2017

RIP Mary Tyler Moore


I loved Mary Tyler Moore's TV show, not so much because it was a great show. I loved it because it was good, and it was part of a lineup of Saturday evening shows that my whole family would sit down and watch together.

Being together, and laughing together was important to us as a family, and so MTM will always hold a cherished place in my heart.
1973-74/74-75 CBS Saturdays: All in the Family, M*A*S*H, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Bob Newhart Show, Carol Burnett Show (in midseason 1974-75, All in the Family spin-off The Jeffersons slotted into that 8:30 p.m. slot, while M*A*S*H moved off Saturday)

4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I never missed a single one of those Mary Tyler Moore shows!

I loved the gesture of her tossing that package of burger into the shopping cart. The gesture screamed, "What the hell?"

Epaminondas said...

I agree it was family. Going back one more generation I would sit with my parents, grandparents and all their brothers sisters and their 3 generations and we would watch Perry Mason, sea hunt, have gun will travel (my favorite) and gunsmoke. But it is the shared experiences with our families that live in our lives and hearts

Epaminondas said...

Same network, btw

Pastorius said...

Yes, it is the shared experiences, but they would not have been there without Bob Newhart, and MTM, and MASH, and Archie Bunker and all of those.