Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Huge Blast In Beirut, Lebanon

UPDATE - People who know explosives all seem to be agreeing this looks like a Amonium Nitrate explosion. My guess is they are right.

But I have to say, I have never seen this kind of vapor effect from a traditional bomb.

It could be that the 75%+ humidity in Beirut yesterday was the reason the bomb caused the vapor effect.

Here's a MOAB



Here's a Amonium Nitrate explosion:


Anyone got any idea what kind of bomb this might be?

I don't think it's a nuke, because there has been no talk of radiation. But it looks like a nuke.

Here: These bombs have the vapor effect:

4 comments:

Rednecktexan said...

That was a very impressive explosion.

But I think we can do better if we try a little harder.

Pastorius said...

We just aren't motivated enough yet.

Redneck Texan said...

Exactly.

When I get to be in charge ...... these type of mushroom clouds and shock waves will be a daily occurence in Middle Eastern cities.

Redneck Texan said...

Unfortunately. I tend to believe the Ammonium Nitrate story is at least partially true.

But, it was the secondary explosion.

What the first one was is questionable.

Lebanon is such a nasty sectarian shithole its hard to do a good battle Damage assessment.