Thursday, January 14, 2021

The First Amendment Is Dead, Long Live The First Amendment



In 2009, I had the opportunity to see someone speak who to this day I think is the smartest man I have ever heard. His name is David Yerushalmi. A constitutional lawyer in the US. A man who has argued cases before the Supreme Court and won, and who has defended some of the people beleaguered by the left even back then and since. 
In his talk, he explained how freedom of speech works under US law. To be more accurate, I should say, how it worked in 2009. It still technically works like this, but the law is the least of our worries these days. David explained that you can say anything, even that you want to kill so and so, providing that there is no “immediacy.” 
In other words, if a person says or writes, “Im so mad at so and so that I want to kill them!” or, “I hate so and so this much I hope they get a bullet in the head!” that is perfectly legal right up to the point where the person adds “immediacy”. This means when they say, “I want to kill so-and-so tomorrow at 2:00 PM”, now its a crime. It has gone from protected speech to a threat and a plan to carry out that threat. 
This all seems very reasonable. It was a great way to run a nation. Maximal allowance for normal human emoting, but a clear line where the law needs to act to prevent a crime. 
The left however, which has been planning the destruction of all reason based societies for over a century now ...

GRTWT

AND THEN THERE'S THIS:

GAB CEO: “I had very close relationships with Facebook and Twitter…”I got to see the evils of their business model for many years”…”What we’re seeing in America right now is the rise of Communism” [VIDEO]

No comments: