Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Neuroscientist Who Lives Life as a Nonviolent Psychopath

 

This is just interesting to me.

Here is an article from The Atlantic, about a scientist named James Fallon, who found that he has the brain of a Psychopath.

The whole article is fascinating, but what really interests me, is THIS quote from James Fallon, the psychopath in question:

I gave a talk two years ago in India at the Mumbai LitFest on personality disorders and psychopathy, and we also had a historian from Oxford talk about violence against women in terms of the brain and social development. After it was over, a woman came up to me and asked if we could talk. She was a psychiatrist but also a science writer and said, “You said that you live in a flat emotional world—that is, that you treat everybody the same. That’s Buddhist.” I don’t know anything about Buddhism but she continued on and said, “It’s too bad that the people close to you are so disappointed in being close to you. Any learned Buddhist would think this was great.” I don’t know what to do with that.

GO READ THE WHOLE THING

No comments: