Monday, October 23, 2023

Roughly 50% of Americans are opting out of the flu shot

 

In the interest of full disclosure. I have never been against vaccines.  I always thought they were a very good thing. 

However, when I was 22, attending a University, a Doctor on staff at the University Clinic talked me into getting a flu shot. I was not a guy who ever got sick. So I really didn't think there was a need, but after listening to his spiel, I figured, "Couldn't hurt."

I was wrong.

I got the flu from the vaccine, whereas I had not had the flue in 5 or 6 years prior to that, and probably didn't get it again for another 5 or 6 years after that.

So, I never again got the flu vaccine. 

But that was the only vaccine I would refuse.

I remember thinking Jenny McCarthy and other anti-vaccine celebrities were lunatics, and thought of them as being the same kind of low-rent thinkers who advocated for Veganism and Soy.

Since the mRNA fiasco, I guess you could say my thinking has evolved, complete with missing links and the chmpanzees of my brain become full-fledged human beings.

I don't trust the government on health issues as far as I can pick up their trillions in debt and throw it, and I generally don't trust my Doctor for shit any more either. 

So, yeah, here:

In a recent survey, the following findings were noted: 

“Findings from the survey showed that, although 65 percent of Americans believe that influenza vaccine is the best preventive measure against influenza-related hospitalizations and deaths, 43 percent said that they do not plan to or are unsure they will get an annual flu shot this season. In addition, more than 20 percent of Americans who are at higher risk for flu-related complications said that they were not planning to get vaccinated this “flu season.” 

The top reason cited for not getting the flu shot include: 32 percent are concerned about potential adverse effects from the vaccine; 31 percent do not trust vaccines; 27 percent do not think vaccines work very well, and 27 percent are concerned about getting sick from vaccines.” 

“The findings of the survey found that 62 percent of Americans would not, or are unsure about getting influenza and COVID shots at the same time. The reasons cited for the reluctance include: 56 percent are concerned about the side effects from getting both shots at the same time; 37 percent do not think it is safe to get both at the same time; 21 percent have not been advised to get both at the same time, and 18 percent do not think the shots will work well if received at the same time.

While we don’t have 100% wake up yet, these are better numbers than previously. The great wake up might be slow, but it is moving forward.

OH, YEAH, AND BY THE WAY:

Now the FDA admits there is a seizure risk from the covid vaccine

 

No comments: