Saturday, October 28, 2023

To Shed 'Gay Beer' Image, Bud Light Partners With Sport Where Sweaty Men In Underwear Hug For 25 Minutes

Dana White: "What Do You Mean? There's Nothing Gay About It!"

From The Babylon Bee:

SAINT LOUIS, MO — In an effort to repair the damage done to its image that resulted in it being relegated to "gay beer," beverage titan Bud Light has entered into a partnership with a sports organization where sweaty men in underwear hug and wrestle each other for extended periods of time. 
"This will totally fix things," said Bud Light marketing executive John Tenta. "We want to regain the market share we had when we were known as the go-to beverage for rugged, masculine consumers. That's why we're slapping our name and logo on a sport where men wear tiny shorts and roll around on the ground with each other and get in positions like 'full mount.'" 
The brand had spent years as the unquestioned top beer in the country before suffering a devastating fall in the wake of using trans TikTok personality Dylan Mulvaney as a spokesman. 
The beer company now hopes this new sponsorship deal will turn things around. 
"Partnering with Dylan Mulvaney was clearly a mistake," Tenta said. "Now, to rebuild our image, we're going to really lean in and grab hold of guys. These sweaty, tensed-up guys wearing very little clothing and rubbing up against each other in various positions are the perfect ambassadors for our beer."

GRTWT.

Of course, the Babylon Bee is a satire news website, but they really nail it here.

But anyway, you know, I used to be a desperate alcoholic. That means, I basically had to drink. I was addicted to alcohol, the way a drug addict is addicted to drugs. But if I went to a party, and the only alcohol being served was Budweiser, I wouldn't drink it. I always thought it tasted like swill

So instead, of drinking it, I would simply leave the party, and go buy my own alcohol.

So, the whole gay beer thing notwithstanding, it's the worst beer in the world, imo. 

1 comment:

thelastenglishprince said...

Bud Light is fond of sending me their latest "macho" promotions to my e mail. I guess they just loved by posts about Dylan Mulvaney.