.@USLaborIG: "I am announcing a historic investigation into the J-1 visa fraud involving nine major American universities — Pit, Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Brown, UC Davis, Caltech, Arizona State, and MIT. Subpoenas have been served; investigations are underway." https://t.co/cc0qLzTxnk
— Rapid Response 47 (@RapidResponse47) October 8, 2026
Years before I worked at MSFT (via Yammer), I had an interview for Bing where they flew me out and did the whole day interview, which I did really well at - but in the end didn't get hired. The recruiter soon left and stayed in touch - she told me that what had really happened was that in order to hire an H1-B candidate they had to interview several Americans to check the boxes that they tried to hire American but couldn't find anyone. So, I was brought out to interview just to check a box for an H1-B candidate who had a connection with someone on the team who was trying to bring them over from India. That was about 20 years ago now - this stuff has done nothing but increase since then.
— Chris S. (@256BitChris) October 8, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment