Friday, July 21, 2006

Jews Returning to Israel


According to Haaretz, there is a program in place taking Jews who want to stand with Israel IN Israel to the country. One El Al jet has already taken 220 people, flying out of New York. This is an amazing turn of events to me! Also, given the rising anti-Semitism, especially in nations with large Muslim populations, I doubt if this new phenomenon will end.

Haaretz interviewed one couple who left for Israel right before they left:

"After the war in the north began, people started asking them whether they still planned to move to Israel. "With what's going on now, we're being made out to be some sort of heroes," Joel said. "But this is Israel, and if you think of yourself as Israeli, you realize there's really not a choice. We've mentally, psychologically, emotionally made the commitment to be part of the people of Israel in the Land of Israel, and unfortunately, this [war] is part of the reality." When he received an email from Nefesh B'Nefesh this week confirming that the flight was still on, he sent a one-word reply: "Good."


P.S. Can someone leave in the comments or just mail me with how to do the smaller word quote format? I may just not have the option due to the Mac/Blogger relationship, the only options given for posts for me being spell check and adding a pic. But I could write better posts if someone will let me in on this Blogger secret.......

UPDATE: Another article on this subject from World Net Daily which puts the number of this immigration program at 3,000. Interesting read.

3 comments:

Kiddo said...

Ooooh, thank you! I'm writing this down.....

Kiddo said...

ds--you have that on your post options? I have just the spellcheck one and the picture upload one. Otherwise just where to type text.....It might be my browser, I use Safari. I'll check the Blogger site. It's just hard to find things there.

I want also to support Israel any way that I can, but I don't know what steps to take. I applaud what you are doing, DS.

Kiddo said...

DS--thanks! I'll give that a try. I never realized that everyone had more buttons on Blogger than I do.....I've been such a fool.....