Monday, February 04, 2008

Post of the Month

BerberElla: My journey out of the abyss.

The Muslim reaction to 9/11 figures into it.

I remember the day the twin towers fell, I was pregnant with child number two, and he [the husband] phoned me overly excited about something, telling me to hurry and put the news on, which I did. What brought him great joy was the death of thousands of people, he was cheering down the phone. He told me to get around to his parents house, and I hurried, as I did not want to be punished for not obeying fast enough. When I arrived the house was full of well wishers and neighbours all over to celebrate the destruction of the twin towers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaac, that is just a stunning post though I know the same story is repeated for millions of these poor women. Some women in the West are beginning to catch a gleam of it through reading that novel "A Thousand Splendid Sons" but they don't really get the message that Islam is the root cause of this.

Why are BerberElla and Ali Sina so on the outs with each other? They both seem to be fighting for the same cause.

Isaac Schrödinger said...

I'm not sure why they've fallen out.

You're right that they both understand the nature of the enemy.