Friday, April 10, 2009

Or We Could Try The French Way

also The Jawa Report:



Shame: Even the French Show More Balls than Obama



Viva la-France!

Via CNN:(CNN) -- A French hostage and two pirates died Friday in a rescue operation off Somalia's coastline, the French president's office in Paris said Friday.

Four hostages, including a child, were freed from the hijacked yacht after almost a week of captivity, Nicolas Sarkozy's office said.

The French military decided to move in when pirates refused their offers and increased threats against the hostages, it said.

The four adults and a child had been held aboard their yacht, the Tanit, since it was seized in the Gulf of Aden on Saturday, the president's statement said.


Too bad the one hostage was killed. But there are always risks to these things. Sometimes taking a risk is better than being a Dhimmi to these pirates. Never thought I'd see the day when the French had more intestinal fortitude that our president.


I'm upset that apparently no one was in the water ready to help Captain Phillips when he jumped overboard in the middle of the night last night. I'm sure Obi-One is taking the best advice he can get. But at some point Mr. President you have to make a call. The risk is not going to get any lower.


I've never felt ashamed of my country, but I'm starting to get close.


RIP America.

2 comments:

christian soldier said...

MR "I'm upset that apparently no one was in the water ready to help Captain Phillips ... "...

That was my first thought when I read that Cpt. Phillips had tried to escape by jumping over-board and No one and NOthing was there to help him....NAVY- etc.
We're in deep $_ _ _ _ and it started at the turn of the last century w/ Dewy and his ilke writing how they were going to take over the ed. system and then on to T. Roosevelt (whom I once admired til Glenn Beck's historians revealed where T R was coming from.) and Wilson and ---well we know the rest of it...
How could our grandparents and great grandparents be so bind?....I thought they had to read the original Constitution -not the 'living breathing' one...
C-CS

Anonymous said...

I also feel ashamed of my country now. This is a disgrace. A small boat with four thugs and our navy ship stands by and does nothing.

Hillary laughs like a lunatic and Obama can't get that smirk off of his face. They make me sick this government.