Monday, May 11, 2009

Elitist, Arrogant BHO Demands Commoners Be Banned At Normandy Commemoration? Updated And Corrected


On the 65th Anniversary of D-Day!

From this posting at Weasel Zippers:
The few remaining survivors of D-Day will not be allowed to tour the grounds where their fellow soldiers died in defense of the free world...
A few details...

Read the rest, some of which is a rant, at Always On Watch. I have some family history on this one. Yeah, this one is personal!

UPDATE:
Barack Obama deciding to come to Normandy at the last minute, after his return from Egypt, has forced public tour companies to cancel their bookings for June 6th without warning. My original source blamed this on the US State Department when in fact it was the French government itself that made this decision.

I have learned from a follow-up source, that while it is unprecedented for the late notice, this would have most likely been the protocol in any case.

A bit less scandalous than first reported.

10 comments:

revereridesagain said...

I haven't spotted any coverage of this in the MSM yet, but if this story breaks it should be accompanied by all hell breaking loose, verbally at least.

This will be the last time for most of those survivors to visit the site on the anniversary. Obama wants to deny that to these men in their 80s and 90s? Obama, who has never even seen combat, wants to turn away these heroes from a last visit with their fallen comrades? So he can stand there and make yet another apologize-for-America speech?

This scumbag would turn the families away from Ground Zero if he ever had the nerve to show up there.

Always On Watch said...

RRA,
I haven't seen the story's source anywhere but Big Hollywood.

The thing is, it takes the MSM some time to catch up with some of the material on the web. Give the story a couple more days.

I hear that the Secret Service is most concerned about BHO's appearance in Egypt on June 4. If the commoners ARE shut out of Normandy on June 6, security for "The One" will be the excuse.

midnight rider said...

Arrogant useless worthless piece of shit.

(hope I didn't hurt his feelings. . .)

Rebellious Kafir said...

My father left high school to join the Navy after Pearl Harbor. He drove his boat up on the shore, delivering ground troops during this attack. He made SIX trips, under horrible conditions---he told us of the water being red---and for as long as I could remember he refused to have red koolaide in our house---the only reason he didn't make more trips was because his boat was shot out from under him and his commander ordered him to rest...and this son of a bitch, piece of putrid slimy rotting rat meat would deny...DENY my father a vist to this sacred ground??!?!?
Wow...I really sincerely hope this story turns out to be false...because for the first time ever, I feel absolute rage now. wow...

Epaminondas said...

You are all an aberration in the eye of goodness.

You must be absorbed into the body of unity for the good of mankind.

Always On Watch said...

Epa,
I won't deny that I'm an aberration.

I'm damn proud of it, too.

Always On Watch said...

In Mary's Image,
I rarely rant on the web. On Blog Talk Radio, yes. But not on the web in writing.

I'm furious. Boiling-over angry.

I would like nothing better than for this story to prove false. My blood pressure would go back to normal. Well, for what has been normal the past few years, anyway.

Rebellious Kafir said...

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jromano/2009/05/09/barack-bans-the-commonfolk-from-normandy/

Big Hollywood has an update and correction---my previous opinion still stands however.

Always On Watch said...

Thanks. I'll post the update and the correction.

midnight rider said...

Arrogant useless worthless piece of shit friggin' French.

(hope I didn't hurt their feelings)