Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Smoke Two Joints Before I Smoke Two Joints, And Then I Smoke Two More

From the LA Times:

Measure to legalize marijuana will be on California's November ballot

An initiative to legalize marijuana and allow it to be sold and taxed will appear on the November ballot, state election officials announced Wednesday, triggering what will probably be a much-watched campaign that once again puts California on the forefront of the nation's debate over whether to soften drug laws.
First, I'm for the legalization of Marijuana.

I'm also for the decriminalization for possession, and for the sale, of small amounts of all other drugs.

People ought not be in prison for being addicts. They ought to get help. I've known addicts who went to prison, and they said they got better drugs in prison than they had on the outside.

But really, that's beside the point of this blog.

The reason I am posting this here is, you just know that every freaking Hemp-conspiracy-head, every freaking Truther, every god damned loser in the world will be showing up for this November's election, because of this ballot measure.

In fact, if the Democrats want to pull off a stunning defeat, against the Scott Brown tide, all they would have to do is get a similar measure on most state ballots. People who never vote would show up in droves to get this law passed.

5 comments:

midnight rider said...

Hey! Don't give the Dems any ideas, man.

Pastorius said...

I'm trying to warn Repubs. They need to think up a strategy.

:)

Maybe they could legalize prostitution at business conventions.

LOL

Epaminondas said...

Big deal, I need 2 cups of coffee just to get to the coffee.

And THEN I start drinking coffee

midnight rider said...

They measure my coffee intake by the number of pots daily. Keep drinking it all day, until it's time to switch over to the Wild Turkey :)

Pastorius said...

Epa,
I know just how you feel.

Some mornings I wake up and I can't even conceive of moving. The only thing that gets me to move is my addiction to caffeine.

The second the caffeine hits the bloodstream, the only thing I want to do is move.

:)