Saturday, June 08, 2013

“we’re going to have some problems here”

Barack Obama, from:
“If people can’t trust not only the executive branch but also don’t trust Congress, and don’t trust federal judges, to make sure that we’re abiding by the Constitution with due process and rule of law, then we’re going to have some problems here.”
Hmmmmm…
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.
Source: letter to Abigail Adams, February 22, 1787; reproduced in Thomas Jefferson, Writings
We agree. I don’t trust you.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”
Patrick Henry
I didn’t feel comfy with the guy before to ignore what he was doing every day.
“Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.”  George Washington
I don’t trust people in congress for many terms who want to protect what they have been re-elected to.
“Guess what this liberal would be all about?   This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm.   … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.”  Maxine Waters
I don’t trust judges appointed by those who wish to transform the nation, or view their position as the chance to exert anything but justice.
“They have taken this Patriot Act, which I think was the most dangerous act passed, and they have taken it and abused it,” he continued. “You talk about fascism? You’re getting damn close to it.”

Bob Beckel (LIBERAL DEM)
Since I CANNOT KNOW  what is in the hearts of these people.
I DON’T TRUST GOVT.
EVER.
I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever, in religion, in philosophy, in politics or in anything else, where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. If I could not go to Heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all. 
Jefferson
Prove your worth in your deeds. 
The IRS repressions? The giving away of donor information to politically correct groups? The CLEAR Benghazi coverup? The reward of those who kept their traps shut in loyalty to the person instead of the nation? The Justice Dept which used color to avoid prosecution of racist voter intimidation? The judges who were shopped to approve a criminal search of a reporter? The Congress whose members tried to BLAME conservative groups for being those who should have EXPECTED excess scrutiny and delays in seeking a bullhorn for their beliefs?
“I think it is one of the most outrageous examples of the stepping on the Constitution I’ve heard. They have no right to the phone records. … It is illegal, it is unconstitutional, and it is deplorable. I didn’t like it when they did it during the Bush administration, and I don’t like when they’re doing it now,”  
Bob Beckel 
It is more evident every day. NO ONE SHOULD EVER TRUST THE GOVT. ANY GOVT.
You didn’t. Did you, Mr. Obama? But obviously your reasons for mistrust were not founded in the Constitution, but in personal animus and ideology. Factionism. Something the Founders were very afraid of.
BTW, good job on planning to respond to cyber-attacks.
NOW EXECUTE.

1 comment:

Pastorius said...

Great post.

Somehow I missed that Maxine Waters quote. She is a friggin' nut.

In looking up a source for that quote, I also found this one:

“I have to march because my mother could not have an abortion,” Waters said at a pro-abortion rally.

http://www.calwatchdog.com/2012/02/17/assemblyman-defends-maxine-waters/