Friday, August 16, 2013

Seeing More Headscarves

When I was a kid, I never saw Islamic-style headscarves worn by anyone in my town. I first saw one a few years ago. Now I see them all the time. And it bothers me. Does that make me a racist?

People all over the free world are seeing the same thing, and are feeling disturbed by it. Concerned. Frightened even. Does that mean we are xenophobic bigots? The answer is no. I'm sure there are racist xenophobes among us, but for those of us aware of Islamic ideology and Islamic history, the reason we are uncomfortable with a growing number of Muslims in our midst is simple and reasonable: It has traditionally spelled doom for the existing culture. Islam annihilates cultures.

Islamic headscarves are indicative of ideology. If a Muslim woman believes in Islamic ideology, she will wear a headscarf. A headscarf is one of the few publicly visible signs of Islamic devotion. And if she believes in Islamic ideology, she will probably have lots of children and indoctrinate her children with the ideology too (Islamic texts encourage fecundity and indoctrination). And Islamic ideology is dangerous to non-Muslims. The higher the percentage of Muslims in a given population, the more dangerous they are (because of Islam's rule of numbers).

But I'm not a bigot or a xenophobe, and here's how I can tell: When I see a Hindu woman in a headscarf, it doesn't bother me a bit. Hindu ideology is not dangerous to non-Hindus. When I see a Buddhist monk, I don't feel concerned. If I saw a growing number of Buddhist monks in my town, it wouldn't bother me at all.

And I'm not a racist. If I saw more and more Japanese people in my town, it wouldn't disturb me at all.

It's the ideology. Anyone who understands what it says in Islamic texts should be concerned at the growing number of Muslims in our midst.

5 comments:

Ciccio said...

In the 50's, 60's and 70's I traveled extensively through a lot of the Muslim world. Aden, Djibouti, Khartoum, Cairo, Istanbul, Teheran, Karachi, Zanzibar, been there, done it. I did not see as many headscarves there then as I do on the local streets in Toronto. It is not so much Muslim belief as Wahabi belief and it is all due to Saudi propaganda. The Smithtonian has a collection of Ottoman photos from the last Sultan trying to show the progress and development in Turkey in the late 1800's. It shows girls schools and workshops, none of the girls were wearing headscarves.

Christine said...

I went through a serious culture shock when I moved here, right outside of Dearborn.

Although I had seen some women with headscarves in Milwaukee, there were not that many.

The college I attend is full of muslims. Headscarves are everywhere.

Yes, it is frightening knowing I live so close to what could become a hotbed.

Just like you, it doesn't bother me to see hindus or monks. In fact, I have been around a lot of Indian men who wear a turban. Hasn't bothered me at all.

It's the islamic idiology that scares the hell out of me. I don't trust them. To me, they are capable to becoming violent at the drop of a hat.

We have all heard about most of the men who blew up the planes on 9/11. How they were your "typical" neighbor. Went to work everyday and fit right in. Nobody who knew them would have ever guessed they were terrorists in waiting.

How many terrorists in waiting are there in Dearborn right now?

Pastorius said...

Exactly. I actually LIKE seeing HIndu women in headscarves.

Why?

Because I like HInduism.

In fact, I like all the mainstream religions, except Islam.

I like Judaism, Hinduism, Christianity, and Buddhism. I also like Sikh, Taoism (which is Buddhism), Religious Science, Mormonism, Christian Science (though I do think it is a little weird) and probably a few others I can't think of right now.

The only mainline religion I don't like is Islam.

And, I would go further than you in explaining the "headscarf" issue.

I don't care too much about the scarves. But the Burqa, or the Niqab are evidence that the family is a Jihadist family and they ought to be thrown the fuck out of the United States.

If the woman in the Burqa/Niqab herself is not a Jihadist, then she is a prisoner in a Portable Concentration Camp.

That we tolerate this kind of thing in our midst means we are little different than the German people who tolerated the beginning stages of the roundup of Jews in the late 30's.

This is a disgusting state of affairs.

Like you, I never saw Islamic headscarves until just a few years ago. Now I see them all the time.

I see Burqas almost every time I go to the local mall.

And I see even more when I go down to the ritzy malls like Fashion Island or South Coast Plaza in Newport Beach, CA.

We are setting ourselves up for war within the United States borders.
I see Burqas

Always On Watch said...

A former Muslim once told me that the hijab is a statement of Islamic supremacism.

They are colonizing the West.

Anonymous said...

Pastorius said... "But the Burqa, or the Niqab are evidence that the family is a Jihadist family and they ought to be thrown the fuck out of the United States."

Always On Watch said...
"A former Muslim once told me that the hijab is a statement of Islamic supremacism."

The salient points.