Saturday, July 19, 2014

Another Take On Why Jews Vote Democrat


From Evan Sayet:
American Jews overwhelmingly tend to vote Democrat for one simple reason: they see the choice as being between 1) the Democrats and their belief in nothing versus 2) the Republicans and their beliefs based on their Christian faith and heritage. 
Given that choice, then, rather than side with people of faith – which they see as a different and potentially antagonistic belief system – they feel safer in the party that is devoid of any values or convictions. 
The “thinking” behind this is that, if people believe in things then they might fight for those things. They might even commit atrocities in their name. Only those who believe in nothing have nothing to kill or fight for. If everyone just believed in nothing, the “thinking” goes: then the Jews would be safe, for if one doesn’t believe in anything then they can’t believe the Jews are bad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Democrats and their belief in nothing." But Satan abhors a vacuum so naturally Islam will fill the void.

Is that who American Jews really want to be allied with?

Pastorius said...

Most people do not believe in Satan.

Anonymous said...

Most people do not believe in Satan.

I used to be one of them. Then I had to come up with an explanation for Islam

Pastorius said...

That sounds like a funny thing to say, but I get it.

For me, it was having to come up with an explanation for Jew-hatred.

There was a quote from HItler, in an article by Caroline Glick, as I recall. The quote was Hitler saying something along the order of, "If I can just kill all the Jews, all the other problems of the world will go away."

When I read that the sheer irrationality of such a belief struck me hard. And yet, I recognized, at the same time, that this is the unstated motivation of all the malevolent anti-Semitism in history.

Somehow these evil people get it in their head that killing Jews will eliminate Evil.

Imagine that.

Now imagine something else. I'm married to a Filipina. Imagine if people went around saying, "If I could just kill all the Filipinos, then all the problems of the world would be solved."

But no one says such a thing.

So why the Jews?

Hmm.

Well, the Jews are the carriers and preservers of the Torah. They are "God's chosen people," which is not to say they are perfect, but that God chose them for their mission.

There must be something very important about that damned Torah.

;-)

Also, if you read Revelations, it describes "the dragon" chasing the Jews through history, trying repeatedly to kill the Jews.

The explanation in Revelation is the Jews carry the "Word of God become flesh", which is Yeshua.

In Zechariah, God said, "Bring with this Yeshua dude, who is burnt up like a match stick, and I will give him clean robes and a clean turban to wear, because he has done my will perfectly. And I will call him YESHUA THE BRANCH, because He will be the branch between me and the whole world."

Now, the thing is, THAT IS JUST THE TRUTH OF HISTORY.

There is no arguing with it.

Therefore, yeah, as irrational as it sounds, I came to believe in Satan because of the reality of anti-Semitism.

Anonymous said...

Pastorius,

I read your entire post and I couldn't agree with you more. I also do believe, with admittedly little proof, that Islam is some manifestation of evil. It seems that when formerly Christian lands fall away toward paganism and rejection that Islam appears to fill the void and when threatened people reinvigorate themselves in the faith Islam is neutralized and retreats.