Tuesday, November 03, 2015

College Administrators Literally Shred U.S. Constitution After Reporter Calls It “Oppressive” And “Triggering”



From Project Veritas:
Administrators at Vassar College and Oberlin College agreed to personally shred a pocket Constitution after an undercover reporter posing as a student complained that she felt “triggered” by its distribution on campus. 
The video was produced by Project Veritas, a non-profit established by conservative journalist James O’Keefe, and employs a similar style to the undercover ACORN videos that first brought him to prominence. 
“Last week something kinda happened on campus that kind of really upset me and I ended up having a panic attack,” the reporter tells Vassar College Assistant Director of Equal Opportunity Kelly Grab. 
“It’s just I’ve been kind of hiding out in my room ever since kind of scared, so, finally somebody told me I should maybe come talk to you about it and see if there’s anything that can happen or anything … They were handing the Constitution out on campus.” “Oh, CATO Institute,” Grab murmurs while looking the booklet over. 
“They were handing it out and as soon as I saw it you know I started to not be able to breathe, hyperventilating,” the reporter elaborated. “My vision went blurry and I just—kind of just lost control.” 
After establishing that the reaction was triggered merely by the offering of copies of the Constitution and not by anything the group had said, Grab offers her sympathies to the reporter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I found amazing was the face confusion on both administrators. It was clear that at least the senior one was fighting to find ways to explain or get out of the situation. The younger one was just plain dumb ... But they chose to remain silent, and in one case offer the shredder. People do not know how to react rationally at irrational situations. What a shame. The frog has been cooked.

Anonymous said...

I'm equally perturbed by O'Keefe's manufactured controversy. There is enough of this garbage legitimately occurring on campus' as well as in our shameful government.
Vassar College is local to me...and it wouldn't offend me in the least if campus paper shredders sucked in the hands of those who feed it the pages of the US Constitution.
FWIW...a text search of the online book, "The Autobiography and letters of Matthew Vassar" (founder of Vassar College) for the terms:

Constitution
Bill of Rights
Declaration of Independence
liberty
freedom

came up with zero hits - suggesting this natural capitalist had little to no regard for treasures bestowed by our nation's founding fathers - none are apparent of which he deemed essential to promote at Vassar.

Pastorius said...

I guess I see your point.

This piece is not so much a case of journalism as it is a stunt to show how stupid and susceptible people are at various levels of society.

I think it is worthwhile, even if it is a stunt.