Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The billionaire and the communist, ONLY in the USA

I have to admit I have a place in my heart for Bernie, though I disagree with him on some of his anger and nearly ALL of his solutions.

If I remember correctly Bernie ran for mayor of Burlington as a communist and did a good job because he knew what was needed (an uncommunist set of solutions) and he placed the practical above the ideological.

But never mind…
so·cial·ism
a political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.
com·mu·nism
a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.
scant difference.

We have a class war American style in the same way this admin and the political class used the IRS for repression American style against the Tea Party (you didn’t think the republicans came up empty because they were dead on serious, did you? I mean maybe they might need their own Lois Lerner and the apparatus has to be there)

I have to admit, as much as I am repelled by SOME of Trump’s positions, it’s nice to hear the ‘I don’t give a fuck, here’s how I see it’ attitude, and then see it doubled down.

This is something BOTH the winners have done.

They have also done something else, which makes the previous part work.

They have stated their observation that the nation is on fire, the cause is the managers lack of care and self devotion, and they have a hose.

The symbolism behind their words are pretty clear.

The public agrees.

Both have made an enemy of the political class (which includes media). The public has identified that class as inimical to them as well. SO FAR.

I think Bernie will win a lot of primaries if he gets his message out. He will win enough that if he loses because of something like ‘super delegates’ his ardent supporters will stay home.

I think there is a reasonable chance Trump may simply win it again and again, but because of the number of candidates not have enough to win on the first ballot after which it’s all wide open. If he is stripped this way, his ardent supporters will stay home.

Therefore if this after everything turns out to be Bush v Clinton the first sign the pre-revolution (thanks, Pat Caddell) has moved on will be the lowest turnout in history in November.

I predict you will see ORGANIZED, dual party, movements to express our disgust and refusal to participate in a ‘rigged’ process (thanks, Bernie).

A year ago envisioning what the state of the presidential election is, would have been impossible. It is a fact now, because the rank and file of both parties KNOW their wishes and their views have not been heard, and in fact have been lied to.

Bernie hit 60%. LANDSLIDE.

Trump hit DOUBLE the next candidate in a baseball team of candidates.

Two incredible performances.

BY THE PEOPLE.

8 comments:

Nicoenarg said...

Leave it to lefties to take a career politician with more than 50 years of being in politics and raise him up as an "outsider".

Great night for Trump.

Epaminondas said...

Well if you have ever been to northern Vt (especially EAST of the mountains) and talked with folks you will quickly realize the vast majority of people are outsiders, and thus elected one.
Trust me.
This is as if Dalton Trumbo had done this.
There is no way Bernie Sanders is anything but an outsider to the US political mean.



Pastorius said...

I do agree with Epa on that. Bernie is a kind of outsider.

Or at least, an outlier.

I like that Trump is clear in being against immigration. And I like his stance on Islam. I understand Epa's concerns about his method of execution on the issue of Islam.

I think Trump would be a dangerous president in the same way as Obama is a dangerous President. Obama doesn't like the Constitution. And Trump doesn't understand it. So Trump would walk all over the Constitution just like Obama does.

That is dangerous.

Bernie Sanders doesn't like the Constitution much either, from what I can tell.

I also agree with Epa's statement here that Trump and Bernie and their " I don't give a fuck" attitudes are important.

That attitude is important because it is chipping away at the power of the established political class and the media.

What I have come to call the Governo-Media/Academia Complex.

WC said...

NH was Bernie last primary win. The Liberal white guys voted him in. After NH is the rest of the country. He will not win another primary. Clinton has the ethnic vote tied up and there are a lot more ethnic liberals than white ones.

Just my opinion.

Epaminondas said...

That's true today WC, without a doubt. It will be interesting to see what happens now. I think the media now would rather see Bernie, and Obama I believe, despises Hillary.

Bernie and I are both from NYC of the same era, though he has a few years on me. I lived in a 3 1/2 room apartment also in a bldg with no elevator on the 5th floor in the Bronx, 1949-1961.

I feel as if I understand him very well, given our ages as formation events occurred in the nation.

Bernie IS a freedom rider in his heart. Literally an outside agitator (as much as we are, just different angles) All he has to do is GET THAT OUT THERE to see and for folks to feel.

Hillary is a cold shrew who never stops calculating, and worrying over what time she can get back to the Hamptons (LITERALLY) as her emails show during Benghazi.

Everyone KNOWS IT in their bones.

Will this signify?

I haven't the slightest, but he's not going anywhere, and I don't think this is his last win either.

Please place your trays and seats in the upright position. Rough air ahead

Nicoenarg said...

Well I can't argue with Epa or Pasto on Bernie, you guys obviously know about him a lot more than I do.

As for Trump, I do think he'll be dangerous but right now what you need is dangerous. Destroying anything is very easy, rebuilding it is super hard, you're going to need someone with balls and vision to do that.

What guarantee do you have anyway that anyone who claims to be a constitutional expert will be better than Trump who doesn't understand it?

Trump is only needed NOW, during normal times he wouldn't be needed and he probably wouldn't even run.

If you read his book and his writings you will understand one thing about him which is very important right now. He puts what he represents first, before anything else. He puts the interests of his shareholders before anything else. That is what he did with his company and that is what he claims he'll do with America.

You need someone who will stand up for America (and by extension for the West) for a change. He is capable of doing that and he appears as if he really does care for the country (it could all be a show, who knows for sure!).

Bernie, to me, appears as a lefty loon. No other way to describe him. He's going to be Obama on crack especially when it comes to America's standing in the world and America's dealing with the rest of the world.

And since he thinks global warming is the greatest threat EVER, I would stock up on guns if Bernie wins, you guys are going to be facing terrorist attacks worse than France (they also have their version of Bernie with his 90% tax plan on the rich, Hollande).

PS: going to post with my own account to see if this works now.

Epaminondas said...

Nico, every time I think I might want to vote for Trump I think along the lines you have laid out.

And I think about what winning really looks like

It's never clean.
It's never pretty.
It's never innocent.

That's for a movie
This is earth

Anonymous said...

Here are my comments for what they can be worth. Bernie is an old hippy. He is a Peter Pan of the '60s. Maybe that's why we all sort of like him although we disagree 100% with most of his ideas, although I'm afraid he is absolutely right on the banks. I'm still fuming on the fact that the Federal Reserve uses my money for ten days, and there is nothing I can do about it.

As for Trump, my only problem with him is his narcissistic personality; very thin skin which could be a problem on many fronts. As for his attachment to the Constitution, he must be at least as familiar with it as most Americans. Look at what the last Constitutional scholar did to the country and the Constitution.

Clinton is beyond toxic; she is poisonous. And I wish she would take her shaking husband out of the limelight. He is pitiful. Same goes for her daughter. CLINTON CANNOT BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT!