Thursday, April 13, 2017

That's Our Trump: Expresses Confidence in Comey, Says He Might Fire Him


From the Daily Caller:
President Trump offered up a mixed review of FBI Director James Comey in a new interview with Fox Business. 
Trump told the business network’s Maria Bartiromo that he still has confidence in Comey, but he blamed the Obama administration appointee for keeping Hillary Clinton out of jail, and he said “it’s not too late” to fire him. 
“No, it’s not too late [to fire Comey], but, you know, I have confidence in him. We’ll see what happens. It’s going to be interesting,” Trump told Bartiromo. Read more: 
Asked by Bartiromo why, given Comey’s handling of the Clinton email investigation, Trump has not fired him, the Republican said: “Well, because I want to give everybody a good, fair chance.” 
“Director Comey was very, very good to Hillary Clinton, that I can tell you. If he weren’t, she would be right now going to trial,” he added.   
And asked if he plans to push for a case against Clinton, Trump demurred. “I don’t want to talk about that. I want to talk about positive.” 
Trump also doubled down on his claims last month that Obama ordered wiretaps against him. 
“Perhaps I didn’t know how right I was, because nobody knew the extent of it,” Trump said. “You look at the extent of the surveillance, me and so many other people, it’s terrible.”

No comments: